Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Alcomotive

Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

Ya I wondered about that.....I know there has to be another story behind that.....MP and UP as far as I know had these cars/logos. I wondered if it had to do with copyright or possible loyalties and they just change the spelling or they changed the spelling to make the logo work? Who knows I...
  2. Alcomotive

Herbert "Palm Tree Herby" Meyer, was a switchman for the Terminal Railroad Association in St. Louis. He drew his creation on an estimated 70 thousand on the sides of freight cars from the 1950s until his death. It is believed that he was the first well known "graffiti" artist. One of his...
  3. Alcomotive

Happy Birthday, Bob! (Bob our forum owners) birthday! 🚂🚂🚂____________🎂🍰🍻
  4. Alcomotive

Greetings from NC

Welcome aboard!
  5. Alcomotive

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

So these showed up this past Saturday by USPS..... as mentioned I found (2) Timken tank cars with different road numbers so now my tally is up to 4 Timken tank cars that are all different road numbers! I also acquired another 40 foot ASAB boxcar in a different road number #1315. All are...
  6. Alcomotive

Timken Tank Car

The reefer sold already for 8 bucks sorry.
  7. Alcomotive

I think this sold for $518 bucks..... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764935283821808/permalink/2822572108058115/
  8. Alcomotive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas%E2%80%93Oklahoma_Railroad Pretty typical of AOK. They are a short line so they buy whatever and then lease out the cars etc....Whatever paint or no paint or rather existing paint scheme are used. So they just slap on their recording marks for thir RR...
  9. Alcomotive

Timken Tank Car

It's been a while since I last posted on this forum... been a bit busy. I was able to score these 2 tanks cars yesterday on Evil bay in a buy it now sale. As these are definitely rare to come by or find. I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger. I should have them in hand by Monday. Two new...
  10. Alcomotive

Password reset

I dunno man....weird.
  11. Alcomotive

Password reset

Check your Spam folder or Junk email folder.....
  12. Alcomotive

Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

If you want good deals believe it or not Walmart has good deals on Dells for refurbished ones. I paid 400 and change with Windows 10. Dell E6530 Core I7-3520m 2.9ghz/16384/25 Sold by ASN Depot, Inc. $391.98 They run sale every other month on Dells rotating from each model etc. I got this...
  13. Alcomotive

A new beginning...JRs UPRR.

Wyatt picked up another manifest order that came in earlier this week. Few High Cubes......they will need some attention. The boys in the shop will be busy this weekend making the upgrades. These also came in on the north line. Wyatt took out the GP 30 UP #868 to snatch these 4 cars...
  14. Alcomotive

Then later Doc switched in 2 cars and added them into the consist as they need some work too. The CNW #718103 was purchased earlier last month. The W&OV #34 has been in service for some time now and seen a lot of miles. Route Rock road number W&OV #34 Route Rock road number CNW #718103
  15. Alcomotive

Well it's been a busy week for Doc & Wyatt! A whole slew of box cars came in on a big purchase order for the JRs UPPR company. Management keeps on running into deals where other RR shops are offloading their some of their inventory. The used market has been good for us! All of the cars were...
  16. Alcomotive

Amen to that ! I started JMRI back in 2005 and never looked back!
  17. Alcomotive

Yup that will work too! I asked one of my guys as well. Just don't know if he uses or has JMRI....
  18. Alcomotive

I have not heard if he has JMRI.....
  19. Alcomotive

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

What is the difference between the rivet counter box and the operator box?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.