Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. tootnkumin

Mantua 2-6-6-2

https://dccwiki.com/SoundTraxx
  2. tootnkumin

Roundhouse Locomotive

Roundhouse, now is Athearn's previous DC/DCC ready line, which came into being after a couple of upgrades from Blue Box. Much better shells, more accurate dimensions/detailing (wire grabs factory fitted, directional lighting with a mother board that would accept 8 pin an 9 pin silent DCC...
  3. tootnkumin

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

That would have been really nasty. So pleased to hear you survived and are recovering. If you had still been laying track, I would have scolded you for holding track nails between your teeth.
  4. tootnkumin

Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Well, less inconvenient than posting them your head.
  5. tootnkumin

What is it resting on at the bow. The reflection suggests it's not in the water, but that may be an optical illusion. This is definitely a situation of "whatever floats your boat". A helicopter maybe?
  6. tootnkumin

I don't know if anyone remembers, an old video at that time, of a mouse plague in the farming areas of Australia. They do get them from time to time. Well, they've got a bad one again in New South Wales. Millions of Mice costing Millions of Dollars in ruined crops. Not just in storage, but in...
  7. tootnkumin

Actually Willie, instead of the Giraffe, they should have used a painting of that brown animal with the white feet and muzzle on the left in your 1st zoo picture. A much better match for you.
  8. tootnkumin

Still around, just doing low level strafing. Picking off targets of opportunity.
  9. tootnkumin

The GP9 Model That Lured Me Back to the Hobby

Just enough track to get the wheels spinning. Can you do a wheelstand on it?
  10. tootnkumin

Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

Oh! You should not have done that. I can't tell you of the amount of stuff I have that should have stayed where it was when I first put it down after buying it. Can always remember where that was when looking for it. Putting it where it will be "better" or "safer' guarantees rarely finding it again.
  11. tootnkumin

Get stainless steel #316 grade, marine quality bolts/nuts. They won't corrode or chemically interact with the alloy either. Galvanized will.
  12. tootnkumin

And 10 has just had a big do-over update too.
  13. tootnkumin

Adding catenary

Tensions are high.
  14. tootnkumin

Must've been Uncle Fester then. Could you ask?
  15. tootnkumin

You could try the Dracula position. It will all puddle on the floor, so don't forget a bucket to catch it. I guess what collects in the nose could be a bit disagreeable in the morning though.
  16. tootnkumin

As it's from the "generation" before factory installed sound became "the thing" it had more weight applied. That in itself was because of popular demand. Since sound became the newest demand and was listened to (pardon the pun), Athearn for one, now does provide chassis with speaker mounting...
  17. tootnkumin

A bit of weather news from the Queensland coast. We, here in the S.E. regions have been enjoying some sunny weather for a couple of weeks (overcast today so far this Thursday morning). Up in the far Northern tropics, a bout of extreme wet weather is occurring. Some places have received falls of...
  18. tootnkumin

Ahh! Dad's Army. One of, if not the best of British send up situation comedies ever. It was the characters that made it. Each actor perfect for their part. Britain's great theatrical strength is there are so many to choose from. They did a movie version in relatively recent times, but you just...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.