Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. NYC_George

Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

I was telling a gas station owner about my stepson dying and he asked me of what? I said, liver disease. He replied, I have liver problems myself. I said how's that? My doctor tells me it's from drinking to much soda. George
  2. NYC_George

Finished off my bird houses yesterday and I already have one tenet that moved in today. I only made the pole not the houses. George
  3. NYC_George

I received the 2 crossing gate boards I had repaired from Logic Rail weeks ago and today because it's raining I decided to reinstall them. The trouble is I had my second Covid shot yesterday and I feel so bad I'll have to try again another day. George
  4. NYC_George

I'll check it out. George
  5. NYC_George

I know you listen to classic rock Willie. Do you also watch Axis TV? I watch it a lot, I had a band in the late 60s called The Touch. It was a fun time. I can't even play close to that now but would like to start playing more. My Gibson SG just sits there for now. Maybe this year I'll get going...
  6. NYC_George

This is what happens when you don't join the golf club. Things get done around the house. George
  7. NYC_George

Willie - Gidget one of my Italian Greyhounds who was able to catch the rabbit in the photo you posted. To bad she's not with us anymore.
  8. NYC_George

Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

If you worked for the RR more then 10 years you don't get SS. You don't even get Medicare. You get RR Medicare which always seem to confuse our doctors who seem to charge Medicare and then don't get paid. It all goes back to the 1937 social security and railroad retirement act. I don't think...
  9. NYC_George

I think this is why RR retirement is separate from SS. Railroads all ready had a retirement system in place when SS was started. Because I had more then 10 years working for the Railroad all the money I paid in from others employments ended up in my RR retirement fund. Also because I was...
  10. NYC_George

I spent 6 years working for the Grand Union, 13 years working for the RR and 25 years for Local 235. I planned on working until I was 65 but when a 2X4 hit my hardhat on the 50th floor of the building below I though I'm leaving this year. I was 62 and 1/2 at the time. I think it was a great...
  11. NYC_George

I wish I could find my water pump pliers so I can put them in the bucket. George
  12. NYC_George

If you need someone to misplace a tool. I'm your guy. So today I decided to do something about it. George
  13. NYC_George

And I'm glad I never married a lot of the woman I went out with because most of them are all screwed up now. George
  14. NYC_George

How did you get out of that so fast?
  15. NYC_George

If you do die make sure everything is in some type of trust fund or in joined accounts. George
  16. NYC_George

Quoting myself. That doesn't count what goes on the implants. My father's advice to me when I was 14 was not to play the horses and don't get involved with to many loans. I didn't take his advice on the horses but I did on the loans. It's a good things because my wife and I spend 20% of our...
  17. NYC_George

So why is that? I mean get a new dentist. I've had some costly dentist visits my self lately. I had some implants put in. $2,100 per implant.
  18. NYC_George

So not much golf this year because I wanted to get some stuff done around the house. !st put all new pavers on the patio and installed some lattice in front of the dog pen. 2nd made some ground level plant boxes. 3rd there's a lot more to get done. George
  19. NYC_George

A photo of the younger me.

Someone showed me a photo they took of me 45 years ago and I was amazed of how good I looked back then. What happened. George

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.