Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. L&N Castle

Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Thank You to everyone here for your thoughts and prayers. The only railroading I did today was to install a pair of decoders in two of my locos. A TCS WOW Sound in an Atlas U-23B,and a Tsunami 2 21 pin job in an Athearn R-T-R loco. A GP 35 L&N/Family Lines Loco. I maybe 54 in Body,but in my...
  2. L&N Castle

Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Morning all. Just stopping by on my 54th Birthday. Yeah! Also on Wed. the 12th.I go to get an ultrasound of my old ticker. I hope they find no abnormalities on my heart. Wish me luck. Good luck all, William. :cool:
  3. L&N Castle

Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

Unless I miss my guess, the game you mention would be World of Warships,would it not? I too play that game. I am in group Taffy Three. William.
  4. L&N Castle

Scale Trains vs. Rapido

Evening all. I have looked at both Rapido and Scale Trains, but I don't own any. The reason,they cost to much,and they don't produce enough of them so that when someone can finally afford them,they are out of stock,or out of production. They are great locomotives,just way to expensive. William.
  5. L&N Castle

Postal Service Slow Down

Evening all. I too have had issues with USPS,getting stuff to me. Case in point, I have a Paasche Talon airbrush coming to me, that could have come this week-end,but I look to get it tomorrow. I also had a package that left Enterprise Ala,came to Birmingham,went to Mobile,before coming back to...
  6. L&N Castle

Running Bear's December 2020 Coffee Shop

Merry Christmas to everyone here. I hope Santa Claus brought y'all everything you wanted. And if any of you got coal, remember, it's not all,bad,after all Steam Engines need fuel. :) William Latture.
  7. L&N Castle

Running Bear's December 2020 Coffee Shop

Nothing wrong with that. Merry Christmas Sir. William Latture
  8. L&N Castle

Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

About to go to bed,hope all here have a good night,and a better day tomorrow. And I'm clear. 10-4. William.
  9. L&N Castle

Alan those SP Locos look awesome. BTW,do you still have the one I painted? I think it was a SW 1500. William.
  10. L&N Castle

Looking good there Alan. That is the Genesis version,yes? William.
  11. L&N Castle

Running Bear's August 2020 Coffee Shop

Or at least "dog" me.:p
  12. L&N Castle

The sad truth is,that is something that will "hound" me for awhile. Going to my corner now. William.
  13. L&N Castle

Alan,that Overland looks Awesome. When you get it finished,going to look even cooler. I did not know that giant Santa Fe Brass was one of Thorington"s, he must had wide radius to run that beast. My guess of 30-32 inch radius,was generous to say the least. 36 to 40 inch radius,Wow,a curve...
  14. L&N Castle

Hello all on the forum. I hope everyone here is doing rather well. Not much going on here in Bama, just good ole summer heat,and spotty afternoon showers,and long days at work. I'm doing okay,just plugging along. William.
  15. L&N Castle

Alan,that wasn't one of Jim Gibson's Brass Locos was it? It's a beaut,but I'm guessing a 30 or 32 inch radius to be able to run it well. I'd wouldn't mind owning it, just wouldn't know what to do wit h it. William.
  16. L&N Castle

JTEX A switcher junkyard

Jerome, I like what you have done with your train room. It really looks cool. When it comes to scenery for your layout,what do you have in mind? Minimal scenery,with maybe a few paved roads,and maybe some gravel roads,around your buildings? Layout looking awesome sir. William.
  17. L&N Castle

Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Bruette, was this picture of the B&O F unit taken at The Streamliners at Spencer event in 2014 by chance? The reason I ask,I was there and was just wondering, also I don't remember a B&O F unit,but I could be wrong. William.
  18. L&N Castle

Looks good Alan. I only wish I had the patience. William.
  19. L&N Castle

The only thing going on around these parts, is a 7:00pm to 6:00am curfew for all in Jefferson County. In an attempt to keep the peace,we have to be home by 7pm,or we will made to sit in the corner. The ones that caused all this should be in a room with bars. William.
  20. L&N Castle

Running Bear's May 2020 Coffee Shop

Gee Gary,you're really on a"roll" with that one. 😁 Although that sort of looks like my local Publix. William.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.