Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Alcomotive

Car Interchange...Revival?

Many, many, many moons ago.......on a far, far and away past of trials and tribulations. This modelrailroadforums group members...... a select few mind you embarked on a 1st beta run program of doing a car interchange between active members. I have been wondering if a select few members would...
  2. Alcomotive

BACHMANN HO SCALE SD70ACe Diesel DCC/SOUND

Does any one have any of these BACHMANN HO SCALE SD70ACe Diesel DCC/SOUND locomotives? I am looking for input on these. I have not had a chance to see one in person. I want to hear from ya'll what your thoughts/opinions are on these. Thanks in advance.....
  3. Alcomotive

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

So a few weeks ago I mentioned in the coffee shop about starting a thread for "Mail Call" a few of you thought it would be a good idea so here we go! This thread would pertain to any Model Railroad related items you ordered and received for your MRR or other. So include your picture and tell...
  4. Alcomotive

N scale CAT equipment by Norscot

4 pieces available for sale. PM me for a reasonable offer. I take PayPal only. Buyer pays shipping as an extra cost. These as far as I know have been out of production for quite some time. I bought these around 2001/02. Never been opened. Look at pictures carefully and closely.
  5. Alcomotive

Old Varney Brass Tender For Sale for one of you steam guys!

What I have here is an old Varney brass tender. I have had this a long time. I bought in Arkansas 25 plus years ago. I planned to use it but I have now decided to part ways with it. Everything seems complete minus couplers and draw-bar. Built solid. These things go for a hefty prices. I...
  6. Alcomotive

Timken Tank Car

If anyone has one of these or know where I can get my hands one let me know please......
  7. Alcomotive

A new beginning...JRs UPRR.

Starting to go through my inventory as I prepare my build on the bench work. I have had all my MRR stuff stored for a few years. So it's like Christmas morning opening all these boxes lol. So so many totes and boxes. All will be out before long.
  8. Alcomotive

Steam car

9. Alcomotive

WTB: SD40-2 Chassis from RTR Athearn

Hey guys I am not having luck with evil bay as of yet but I am looking for a chassis from the RTR series of Athearn (NOT BB Ath) It needs to be for a SD40-2. I have a shell I want to put on it. Thanks for your help in advance!
  10. Alcomotive

Athearn part

Hey guys I am looking for some athearn truck frames. I wanted to check with you guys before I contact Athearn. I need 6 sets of Bettendorff truck frames. I do not need the wheels. the part number is ATH90400...but like I said I wanted to see if any one had any they wanted to part with...
  11. Alcomotive

Hump Yard Operation

Does any one here have an operating hump yard on their layout or at their clubs layout or friends house? I would like to see some pics if so... I was wondering about this...I think a while back I saw Macjet on a layout that had one? Not sure. Interesting modeling I would think...:rolleyes:
  12. Alcomotive

Wheel set sizes per rolling stock/freightcars

Hey guys I have a quick question: Is there a quick reference guide that I can go to for a list of the car classifications (like HM for hoppers, FM for flat cars, GB for gondolas etc) and will it also tell you what wheel sizes are used for the style of car? Another words like ore cars use...
  13. Alcomotive

Speed Demons, slooow pokes....how do ya enforce your track speed?

I was wondering how some of y'all operate your layouts or at the club speeds. You know that guy that runs like a bat outta hell and then there's that guy that runs so slow you're so backed up it's a parking lot? ;) Ya... you know what I mean...:D So does any one have one of these? or...
  14. Alcomotive

DCC uncoupler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwwGSjRqgE&feature=related
  15. Alcomotive

"NEW" Digitrax PR3

Anyone have one of these little gems yet? http://www.digitrax.com/prd_compint_pr3.php I just ordered one today from one of our very own here on our forum...Ryan from www.modeltrainstuff.com Great price by the way!:p I can not wait to get it (the PR3) and get hooked up to my shelf...
  16. Alcomotive

Lionel-construction site

http://www.maniacworld.com/crazy-Lionel-construction-site.html
  17. Alcomotive

Champ Decal or other: Need Help Looking for...

Hey guys! I am looking for decals for Union Pacific... do you remember the MOPAC The 'Canaries' As the merger between the MoPac and Union Pacific was finalized, the "Jenks Blue" paint scheme was replaced by UP's "canary yellow" with the name "Missouri Pacific" in block-lettering on the...
  18. Alcomotive

RTR Athearn Units & Decoders

Guys I need a little pointing into the right direction....:o I have the following units and want to bring them into service (still new in the box as of now): ATH8000 - EMD SD40-2 Union Pacific "United Way" #3300 ATH8002 - EMD SD40-2 Union Pacific "Desert Victory" #3593 Will I be...
  19. Alcomotive

Emdx Gp60 #5 & #7

I have decided to take the detailing of my 2 GP60s to the next level and do a special thread on these units showing my progress on the units. They are the special release edition Athearn units with a good start of details but not up to prototype standards. I have posted pics on the weekend...
  20. Alcomotive

North American Railyards

I obtained a book a while ago I thought to share with you guys and gals. It is called "North American Railyards" by Michael Rhodes. I must say I usually dont buy to many books from the publishers of MBI but this one is by far the best that they have ever printed that was worth its weight in...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.