Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. R

Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

Everything but the Walthers turntable. I should have done the whole thing with flex but had a brain fart. I only hope this would be a free standing layout, as you'll never be able to reach the corners.
  2. R

I read right past the Peco part! DOHHHH I'll re-work it when I get a chance with Peco turnouts.
  3. R

Here ya go Big G. Just a quick throw together of your idea. 19.5 minimum radius. #4 atlas turnouts.
  4. R

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

What did you use for the parking area dirt? Sure looks like our dirt around here. Well done, as usual. You sir, are an artist.
  5. R

Hello from an Absolute Beginner!

Welcome to the group. There are no stupid questions here. Best MRR forum around. What part of Indiana are you in? I'm in the northwest corner.
  6. R

Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Justin Very sorry for your loss.
  7. R

The M-K & Eastern RR

Outstanding work as usual. The awning looks great.
  8. R

JTEX A switcher junkyard

If it were me, I think I'd strip everything off the diorama and start from scratch on placement of buildings and details. In the long run it will probably be easier to start over, than try to blend everything together and to match track spacing and scenery. JMO
  9. R

Looking good Lloyd. I love the fencing along the road. Really adds a lot. Well done.
  10. R

Ring Engineering and CVP Product's Air Wire Systems

I would say just generic DC. My battery operated test loco runs just fine, and as I understand it, DCC is AC voltage and the Railpro modules run just fine on that too.
  11. R

The sound decoders are a little under $100. You can download the sounds you want from rings website as the receiver modules don't come preloaded. The biggest cost for using lipo's is the charger and the choices are endless. The small batteries that will fit in HO cars are $5-$15. I'm big into...
  12. R

Railpro is basically just radio control. No signals go thru the track. Only voltage. I run a combo of Railpro and NCE DCC on the same tracks with no issues. I even set up one loco to run off of a lipo battery in a trailing boxcar. No track power necessary.
  13. R

Do you model with DC power, DCC, or MTHs DCS; or, other?

I run a combination of the Ring system and NCE. The Ring modules and throttle work just fine on the NCE powered track.
  14. R

Should I Return to HO?

Don't you know children visit this site. If they saw that pic they would need to run to their safe space. Welcome to the nanny state.
  15. R

Nice work as usual Lloyd. What type of glue are you using on the embossed brick paper? Ive got a ton of it, but haven't experimented yet.
  16. R

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Staging huh? How come I can already see it ballasted with a few industries to switch back there on Henry curve. Maybe an ammo plant!!
  17. R

Center Peninsula Track Planning, …..Container Terminal & Port Facility

You mentioned in an earlier post about leaving the roof off and detailing the interior. If it were me, I would remove the entire aisle side bay of the warehouse and leave it open to the aisle. You could still put the roof on and add some variable lighting to highlight the interior details. The...
  18. R

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Merry Christmas to you and your family. When are you starting the next, last layout? Just kidding. Love your work.
  19. R

Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

Merry Christmas Coffee shop.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.