Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. C

An ODDBALL....in HOn30...HOe.....

Hi guys... first off a big thank you to the community...you guys have been so helpful with some of my questions! I am originally from the large scale community but a move from the US to Germany changed all that. SPACE the ever lasting Modellers restriction..... So, I was forced to change Scale...
  2. C

Kato 17724 SD-9 Road Switcher Body Removal...

Hi Willie, thanks for the link! It was not 100% like in the video but really helpful ...... and got it off without damage. It was actually easier than in the video. Like you I an not modelling in N Scale....BUT I use N Scale Locos to create my Freelance HOn30 narrow Gauge Locos.... And here is...
  3. C

Kato 17724 SD-9 Road Switcher Body Removal...

Hi all, I have a question for the community. Just bought a used KATO 17724 SD-9 ....am super happy with the running characteristics.... But since she is equipped with the rapido Style Coupler...I would like to change them for Micro Trains ones.... As you can see from the pictures, the couplers...
  4. C

RAPIDO to Knuckle couplers...N Scale Loco conversion to HOn30 Narrow gauge locos

Hi Rico, appreciate it ! I went a bit further along. I got my Decal Sheet from MICROSCALE for the TEXAS MEXICAN RR. The primary reason for the Decals, It had enough Logos for quite a few Engines and it loosely fit my Layout idea. A South Western Mining RR on border, that works both sides and...
  5. C

RAPIDO to Knuckle couplers...N Scale Loco conversion to HOn30 Narrow gauge locos

Hi, getting along a bit further..... Now for the finer details....... Cheers Chris
  6. C

HOe = N Gauge?

Hi, I am converting N scale engines to HOe.... I got the idea from an old article in Model Railroader. They converted an ARNOLD N scale engine to a HOe Diesel..... Here is the link to what I have done so far...
  7. C

Hi, First of...A very HAPPY NEW YEAR to all ! Ok...went a bit further on the Shovels.....Now the finer work begins... And for the Locos, the parts I ordered in the States came the last day of the year... And I attached the Air Tanks to the 2 black ones.....now they need the air lines etc and...
  8. C

Hi, now I like to introduce the layout. The first 4 pictures are of the one that inspired me. The last one is the current stage of mine.... It is 100 X 61 CM wit an elevation change of 0 to 5.5 CM . The upper siding will service the planned quarry are. The lower siding with a 30 degree switch...
  9. C

HOn30 Mine Trains Advice

Hi, I know I am a bit late to the party, but my compliments, YOU SCORED! Enough cars for 4 different industries and 2 great locos. Th black car are of 2 different types. The Steel steel square ones are typical ore cars, the gable bottom ones are based on a British Prototype and are usually drop...
  10. C

Hi there, some more pictures of the Black One..... No details and without walkways...and the first layer of weathering applied....
  11. C

Hi, went a bit further with my conversions..... Here are some in the works. I love the Rio Grande Logo...so I will keep it. Is there a prototype...I would say no...but who cares...narrow gauge mining ...everything is possible.... also converted one in all black.... All of them need more details...
  12. C

Thank you! Will check that out, Greetings Chris
  13. C

Hi guys.... am fairly new here and I live in Berlin Germany..... But here is my question.. I bought 4 used ATLAS engines..the older ones with the couplers attached to the trucks. But they are the RAPIDO style and I am trying to find a replacement knuckle coupler that can be installed in the same...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.