Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. M

New to DCC

Hey guys long time sinse my last post, So heres my plan for the layout, I took up all my O gauge stuff and packed it up for the time being "couldnt afford it" and im gonna be going HO with DCC Protosounds, the full 9 yards but seeing as DCC is a bit more complex the DCS or TMCC I'm completley...
  2. M

Update time

OK so well ive been away from the forum for a good 2 weeks and no posts have come in thr O scales forum, well time for an update boys and girls. This weekend was the big NMRA model railroad show and shop in Madison WI, and so me,my dad, and step mother went for all of the day and i came home...
  3. M

Times looking up

Hello guys, Some of you may know me from my other topic, Well good news Ive regained some funds and have been allowed to start setting aside money for my train layout, now is the hard part, how to put all these great ideas into a little 8'X12' layout that has an aprxx 5'x5' shoot off on one side...
  4. M

Need pics

sorry for caps, im new to the engine and well i see numbers but i cant see an engine. (all Lionel MPC) IC GP 9 Units and porthole caboose Monon U36B and dummy Northern Pacific U36B and dummy Jersey Central FM and caboose (jade green w/ tan stripes) does anybody have any rough...
  5. M

Succes

This is a bit off train topic but well after a month of non stop calling ive finally been able to reach unemployment so my financial situation seem to be looking up at least a little, i have a few small bills to pay but other then that i will be able to start a small stash for use with my trains...
  6. M

Beginning of the "N"

its only start, track is only to play around with for now, but tell me what ya think of these few pics. THERE'S NO SIZE DIFFERENCE IM TELLING YOU!!!! The Santa Fe is a giant problem child, it doesn't run very smooth, and dies randomly and wont start up until it feels like it, im wondering...
  7. M

Online shopping

So ive been looking around online for some nice N scale engines, and being a noob I have Questions, when it says DCC ready that mean drop it on the layout and go remote or do you have to put a decoder chip in it, Also would it have sound on it or are those again separate decoders, And after all...
  8. M

Frustrated 3 Railer

So this Christmas my dad and step mom gave me my first Lionel O Gauge train set, for most of my life Ive collected HO scale trains but most of my family runs the O scale, now i saw this as a chance to get really going, A few weeks later i have a 12 by 8 platform all made up ready for track so...
  9. M

Wisconsin clubs?

Anybody here from any clubs in Wisconsin area, down by Madison or beaver dam?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.