Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Patrick

Running Bear's January 2021 Coffee Shop

Willie: 8 hours of sleep would be nice, but not because of potty breaks. I'm still not adjusted to time change and about the time and I they'll change it again.
  2. Patrick

BOOOOOOO! lol
  3. Patrick

Morning all, New day! Wife called me on the way to work this morning wanting to know if it was snowing. Apparently her trip to work was through a snow squall. With the temp above freezing, it isn't going to last. Curt: Prayers for your mom. Karl: I'll let you know when I get them. Thank...
  4. Patrick

Downtown Deco buildings

Nice work guys!
  5. Patrick

Downside of more water is the trips to the bathroom.....Don't ask me how I know... 🤣 But you're better off being properly hydrated.
  6. Patrick

Morning all, 45° and windy, with gust currently to 45mph. Only expected to get stronger as the day progresses continuing through tomorrow. High wind warnings up for most of Kansas. Gusts expected to exceed 65mph. Enough wind that it blew my little truck around coming into work this morning...
  7. Patrick

Martin Luther King Day Give Away

Preaching to the choir!!!! At least I'm in the single digits to retirement!
  8. Patrick

It is an older Blue Box. Steel wheels give it away.
  9. Patrick

Sorry, It's a GP9, not GP7. I need the long and short railings. The stanchions from a wrong model are the same and I have the front and rear end railings on the model. I can adapt the headlight lens and horn from another kit. The horns are actually still showing in stock at Athearn.
  10. Patrick

Newbie to this world of model trains

Greetings and welcome to the site. I apologize in advance that I can't assist with your question as I'm a DC only modeler.
  11. Patrick

But I want the front side!!!!!!🤣 But no worries as the chances of me winning are 1,000,000,000:1. I'm one of these people that could have 99 out of 100 raffle tickets and not have the ticket drawn. I'm still buying 1 Powerball ticket for tonight and a Mega Millions ticket for Friday as...
  12. Patrick

What do I need to know to get started air brushing?

I've been practicing with an inexpensive Testor's airbrush kit I picked up when Michael's opened a new store and gave $50 gift cards. (Testor's #281244). For me it was free at the time. Something to get my feet wet with. So far I've only used a bit of acrylic paint and stuff looks ok.
  13. Patrick

Morning all, Currently partly cloudy and 29° this morning. Supposed to get breezy this afternoon with a high of 60°. Time for a cup of coffee and what the heck, let's have the steak and eggs this morning. Thanks Flo. Anyone have a source for an Athearn 11529 or a Smokey Valley SD9 handrail...
  14. Patrick

A bunch!!! lol 198
  15. Patrick

Morning all, 24° and clear this morning in Doo-Dah. Supposed to get to the mid-50's today. Slowly getting the new ISP integrated into our systems. Seems for every 2 steps forward, we have to take 1 back, but it's still progress I guess.
  16. Patrick

Historic Railroad Songs

I had a great uncle that hobo'ed from southern Illinois during the depression. Ended up in Michigan and actually found a job, which then brought the rest of my grandmother's family to the area where I was born.
  17. Patrick

It wasn't a mixed freight, but I'd never seen them before.
  18. Patrick

Morning all, I have time for a coffee to go this morning. Spent the weekend playing "Whack-a-Mole" at my son's 65 years old house. I know why I like sheet rock screws!!!!!! Find a nail slightly protruding so you hit it to push it back into the stud and 3 more pop out. I hate old...
  19. Patrick

Morning all, Cloudy (still) and 30° this morning. Son has his house. Seller had a inspection done, so after we walked through with the inspection, we tagged the things we thought were most important and what we could live with doing ourselves. Turns out he had ALL the flagged issues repaired...
  20. Patrick

Well, not too bad. We've got the new internet up along side the old. Now to reconfigure some servers, contact the state and county, get our MX records moved and get our SSL Certificates ported to the new IP addresses. But the hard part is done.... 🤣 I way overthink stuff.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.