Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Chef Waardevast

MTH Southern Pacific Daylights DC

The locos have very serious pulling power, that is a very long set of carriages and runs very smoothly on slower set speeds. By the way I wanted to complement you on how wonderful your layout looks. The detailing is very intricate, I would be very interested in seeing more if you were happy to...
  2. Chef Waardevast

Thank's for clarifying, I could see that it is not fully streamlined as the 4-8-4, it has been stripped back a little. Seems to me for easy access maintenance work. Still a great looking loco and it seems to run very smoothly based on the clips I have seen. Have you had much issues running...
  3. Chef Waardevast

Oh ok well I think a thank is still in order, as it just so happens I found an Athearn Genesis version of a GS4 which has a different tender but still a really great looking loco see image below. Not sure how forgiving they are on a 20" curve though. As for sound decoders I am a real novice in...
  4. Chef Waardevast

Thank you for the warm welcome, even though I am new I can see its great friendly forum and I am pleasantly surprised at the responses I have had thus far, very informative and helpful. As for the Avatar I love the Pennsylvania railway.
  5. Chef Waardevast

Thanks for your reply, I didn't know Athearn and Atlas made the GS4 in HO? The only ones I have come across is the BLI which seems to be discontinued, the MTH model in question here and the Bachmann. I will investigate. Unfortunately I have a real passion for the American streamliners they are...
  6. Chef Waardevast

OK thats good to know because model I was interested in was used and may have needed attention down the road. Thank you for your reply.
  7. Chef Waardevast

Thanks for your response, it seems to be the consensus, particularly with the MTH anyway.
  8. Chef Waardevast

Thanks for the reply, I have been looking at the Bachmann but again it states that 22" curves is min requirement. I was also interested in the Bachman and BLI streamlined K4 they don't seem as bulky and may be a little friendlier to the tighter curves. I really appriciate your advice and time...
  9. Chef Waardevast

Hello Im new to this forum and a little new to Model Railroading. I have question about a loco I was interested in purchasing and was hoping to get some advice. I was interested in purchasing an MTH SPD GS4 HO locomotive. Its quite expensive and I guess I want to be sure it will be right for...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.