Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. TLOC

Running Bear's November 2020 Coffee Shop

Thanks Troy. Now can I use it in 5 other forums? Happy Thanksgiving Tom
  2. TLOC

Happy Thanksgiving. Another nice day in paradise. Dinner in about an hour as the brother and my wife are just having a great time in the kitchen. Both love to cook so they alternate responibilities and have for about 12 since my mom passed. Where is the ignore button? Or is my leg being pulled...
  3. TLOC

Good afternoon from the Hawaiian Islands. just got off the golf course and had a good time as the game is getting better. My wife and the brother’s girlfriend went to the grocery store to see what they can find. Small turkey, ham or anything but fish or a steak will be fine. The weather is...
  4. TLOC

First diorama....Opinions wanted

This is what happens in my experience when you ballast 1st then try to come back and rust the rail. It took a lot of Pan pastels to weather away the rust on the ballast. Rust the rails 1st. Don’t follow this example from my layout. I can’t find the current picture TomO
  5. TLOC

First diorama....Opinions wanted

Good start. My method is to put down the base ground, drill the holes for trees and put a stick in the hole so it can be found. Then add the turf, weeds, bushes, hedges, tree stumps, fallen branches, dead leaves then the trees. But, experiment and find what works for you. Ballast, coin flip. I...
  6. TLOC

Good afternoon from Paradise. While boring with the Pandemic I could get used to this island paradise. The weather is beautiful. My golf game after not playing for 3 summers is getting better. I miss my modeling. Great pictures guys. 6th grade when President Kennedy was shot. Vivid things I...
  7. TLOC

Considering Dismantling My Large Layout

Brakeman, build for yourself. That sounds great as we all want the compliments for our modeling skills. Some folks just dont nderstand or care how much we put ourselves into our models. IMO, their lose not mine. Slot cars, loved them as a kid, love them more now. I have built 7 tracks from...
  8. TLOC

Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

Thanks Joe, love ur models. Matt has his own FB page and of course he is now full time with the decals and modeling. It’s working out well for him. Him and his dad are two of the nicest people you can meet. TomO
  9. TLOC

Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

I know nothing really about circus trains, wagons or anything else. But, I love the pictures and the details on the wagons you are showing. The guy who does my free lance decals also is a circus guy and lives in Baraboo, Wi. with xceptional access to the Circus World museum. He has been 3D...
  10. TLOC

Good 3:45am from the islands. 5 hours difference from Wisconsin but I still am getting up at Wisconsin time. Willie—he sold the houses because he loves it so much here but it is expensive for food and housing, IMO. He was very successful back in Marshfield Wisconsin where Mikeinhubcity lives...
  11. TLOC

Good afternoon from Maui. Such a beautiful paradise that my brother now lives here. Since July he has sold his place in Vegas, his place in Arizona as he says other then Italy he wants to stay here. For me and Terry, it’s kind of boring but the weather is top notch. Medicines, wow those are...
  12. TLOC

Good morning. The 8 previous absolutely gorgeous Wisconsin days of weather are gone. No more 70’s but today may hit the 60’s but tomorrow might be low 40’s. It was a great period of weather, now it maybe payback time. Toilets! No yelling at me but I switched to the rubber stick on collars about...
  13. TLOC

First serious attempt

Be proud of what you accomplished, the scenery and those trees are very well done. I like the Fall color on the trees where nothing is so glaring it jumps out at you. That IMO is rare on the few Fall color layouts I have seen. Continue having fun TomO
  14. TLOC

Garry Small world! Born in Chicago at Little Company Mary in 52. 68th and Hamlin till 5 th grade at Queen of the Universe. Then Oak Forest till 70, class of 70 at Tinley Park HS. Lived in Central Wisconsin 76 to 2014 and retired from my brother’s business where MikeinHubcity lives...
  15. TLOC

Good morning from another beautiful morning in So. Central Wisconsin where again we will hit the 70’s. Today though the 10 mph winds are going into the teens and gusting into the mid 20’s. Today and tomorrow the weather app says will be great and Tuesday the Wisconsin version of Fall will...
  16. TLOC

Good morning/afternoon fellow Coffee Shop dwellers. Wisconsin weather again is beautiful and will be in the 70’s later. Hit a fairly empty famers market this morning just as a network declared a winner. People went crazy happy, we couldn’t figure out why they were cheering for us getting out of...
  17. TLOC

Troy's Still Untitled GN Cascade N-Scale line

Troy Good idea and good use of an item. As Diet Dr. Pepper also is the offical sponsor of my fictional WRV&T RR, (Wisconsin River Valley and Terminal) I hope they gave you more then the official thank you response I got from them! The layout has moved along pretty good. Have fun. TomO
  18. TLOC

Good morning from Wisconsin. Weather continues to be beautiful. Yesterday’s scenic and hobby shop trip derailed about 10 minutes into it. Family drama... Snakes, if they had appeared on my phone, it have gone flying. Weather apps, I have the weather channel and they are decently ok. Have a...
  19. TLOC

Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin. 54 now heading to mid 70’s and the sun has just appeared as the weather guessers promised. I have no idea how the election is going except Terry is mumbling a lot and again was yelling at the evening news last night. No TV or online news apps are...
  20. TLOC

patrick, good luck and best wishes on their quarantine. Our grandkids and their parents are on day 4 and do not have results back from their tests. Another after school kid has tested positive so it’s still a mess till results comeback. Because of the above we will be doing the drop at the...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.