Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

Take a Train to Work day--- Did you?

Did you take any trains to work for 2008 Take a Train to Work day yesterday? It's part of the Worlds Greatest Hobby "National Model Railroad Month" Here's the setup I had at my desk at work.
  2. S

Having trouble with an Athearn RS-3?

I was having trouble with BOTH of my Athearn RTR RS-3's on both DCC and DC with intermittent stopping and starting- they appeared to lose all electrical contact. I cleaned wheels. I checked connections on the board, no help. IF your RS-3's are having the same problem, pull the trucks -- the...
  3. S

Oops

Conductor: "WHAT THE DEVIL ARE YOU DOING?!?!? I SAID WE NEED TO WAIT!" Engineer: "Oh? I thought you said shove back, run eight. I thought that was kinda wierd, but you're the boss"
  4. S

It's a GIANT!

Somehow, I don't think this guy is to scale.
  5. S

Derailment!

At 1313 hours 19 February 2007, the Cotton Belt's hot BSMFF derailed lead locomotive at North end Bluebonnet Siding. Front truck of locomotive derailed. Thorough investigation revealed locomotive picked the switch points due to improper fit. Switch maintainer was found responsible and given 5...
  6. S

When in the course of Model Railroading...

...It becomes necessary to call the big hook. Okay, these happen to everyone.. Let me upload a few. 1. First train I got on was a manifest, started my pull out of the yard ladder, and BINGO 120 scale feet out, I roll the dynomometer! :D 2. Pick the points! 3. Pick the Points 2! Lets...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.