Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. D&J RailRoad

MTH Veranda Turbine - Modified - Video

I put them with the hook horn couplers.
  2. D&J RailRoad

Running Bear's November 2020 Coffee Shop

Staggering them is something that you will have to work with to find you specific solution.
  3. D&J RailRoad

Running Bear's November 2020 Coffee Shop

Try staggering the joints in a curve.
  4. D&J RailRoad

MTH Veranda Turbine - Modified - Video

I picked up an MTH Veranda turbine a few months ago. It ran fine for a short while then the rear drive truck started binding. I took it apart and found the top cap on the truck gear tower was loose. I reassembled the loco but it still wasn't running right. I messed with it over the period of a...
  5. D&J RailRoad

Programming CVs with a Digitrax Controller.

Post a picture of your throttle.
  6. D&J RailRoad

Hal, Do you have the operator manual for your DCS 52?
  7. D&J RailRoad

Toggle through the F7 button on your throttle. The sound will grow louder with each push then start at 1, the lowest volume again and work up.
  8. D&J RailRoad

Loco spinning its wheels

Where the wheels of the second loco actually turning too?
  9. D&J RailRoad

Union Pacific GTEL 8500HP Turbine - Video

That GTEL will be mixed in with the 350+ other motive power units for just about everything: grain, coal, mixed, petroleum, intermodal, yeah intermodal.
  10. D&J RailRoad

As usual, very few trains while I was there watching.
  11. D&J RailRoad

Thanks Sherrel. I was out that way in September. I was thinking of calling ya but just didn't have enough time in the schedule to stop in. I was up at the Barstow yard, Tehachapi Loop, Ludlow, the San Diego Model Railroad museum then off to Yuma to chase trains back over to Pheonix.
  12. D&J RailRoad

Added the Scale Trains Big Blow 8500HP turbine to the locomotive roster. In this video it's running up hill to the D&J Division with a Challanger helper for its first assignment.
  13. D&J RailRoad

A little morning humour

Every tool I need is somewhere else. Usually in a bag, sealed in a box, locked in a trunk, up in the attic and my ladder is at my daughter's house but she just left for a few days.
  14. D&J RailRoad

Back In The Day

dang, I had already sold my second set of model railroad stuff by then and gone off to the Marine Corps to travel the world and destroy stuff.
  15. D&J RailRoad

Need Help With Wiring Again - track now dead.

Now you mention the track has been sitting in your attic for 25 years. Yes, clean your track. Don't use abrasives, i.e. sand paper. That will create very fine scratches in the rail surface which will collect more dirt and crud. Do not use Acetone, regardless of what anybody tells you. It will...
  16. D&J RailRoad

Trains just stop running

You say it is switchable between DC and DCC. What is your switching device? Is there anything else going on in your house while you're running trains, i.e. laundry running, wife goes to attic to check something and turns light on then off, garage door opens then closes, etc.?
  17. D&J RailRoad

Need Help With Wiring Again - track now dead.

If the train runs again after you nudge it, the track is not shorting out. You described your electrical connections as contact only, no solder. Consider this. All your appliances are solder joints or hard spring loaded connections. You would do well to learn how to solder and put an end to a...
  18. D&J RailRoad

Full power all the time.

By chance, did someone switch the track wires over to the DC accessories output on the controller?
  19. D&J RailRoad

Comment by 'D&J RailRoad' in media '0122171401.jpg'

Construction of HO scale version of the Diablo Canyon Bridge on the BNSF mainline West of Winslow, AZ.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.