Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. mikeknuckey

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Hi! This just take a loooong time to get here. It was shipped on august!
  2. mikeknuckey

I love the smell of fresh parcel comming by the door. For my future layout!
  3. mikeknuckey

Thanks! Which is your Ebay Seller name? This way I can follow you.
  4. mikeknuckey

C Can I help you with some space... hehehe If you are going to sell something, please let me know.
  5. mikeknuckey

Should you tell your wife......?

As a hobby shop owner... I see this every day, theres even a special place on storage to keep products of clients that wants to hide them from wife. I'm planning to print lotery winning numbers, so they can "probe" they win all this models in a lotery for a good cause. In my case, Im so lucky...
  6. mikeknuckey

I've recieve a lot I won on Ebay, something caught my attention on the box... it comes with yellow tape from DHL "repacked" marks... I've opened and 25 of 30 rail cars were absolutely wet... Card boxes are so damaged It cant hold the cars inside now they are dry... and some oxid appears too. I...
  7. mikeknuckey

Weatherings for a Diorama

I have to still weather with pigments and matt barnish. Thanks for the advice
  8. mikeknuckey

Searching now! Thanks
  9. mikeknuckey

I keep working on the diorama, any observations or advise are welcome. Afther giving the terrain form with DAS (paper passte) I've painted and then applied static grass.
  10. mikeknuckey

How are You Spending the Stimulus Money?

I woke up today and I ordered a complete H0 Athearn genesis train... 3 sd-45 plus 40 cars... Later I've realized that Im not a US citizen, that I dont even live in USA... and I rewoke to reality and close the trainworld web page to keep cleaning de house... Anyway, I dont have the space for a...
  11. mikeknuckey

Hi, Ive been working on the shanty interiors, adding a shelf of forgotten boxes... which you cant see easily from outside 🤦‍♂️.
  12. mikeknuckey

Hi! I’ve been working on a old F unit and a track side shanty from Atlas for a Diorama that may... some day; it will be part of my (future) Layout. I work with Tamiya Acrylics and AK Interactive products. For the shanty roof I've printed a tool to corrugate aluminium, downloadable from...
  13. mikeknuckey

Gold medallist with my humble train

Thank you Bob!
  14. mikeknuckey

Gold medallist with my humble train

Hello friends, last weekend we celebrate the Latín Militaire 2018 scale model contest in Santiago de Chile. Its the most important latinamerican model contest (at least, organisation said that). And I’ve participated with one of my weathered trains. Surprisingly I won the gold medall in my...
  15. mikeknuckey

Paint removal

There is a Revell (brand) paint remover which works perfect on plastic (made for that), but a faster way is to use oven cleaner, you'll need to put the model in a ziploc bag, spray it with the cleaner and close the bag. Let it work for at least 30 minutes (sometimes can be loooooonger) and wash it.
  16. mikeknuckey

Testing new weathering tools (At least for me)

I’ve made some tappered cargo with foam and a plastic bag. Complementary to Panel’s I add some dry pastel or chalk .
  17. mikeknuckey

Testing new weathering tools (At least for me)

This is the process of the model at the begining of the post... And old black Athearn (I guess) gondola. First I scratch the logos and fade them. then I paint it “patch” stile with Tamiya acrylic XF9 hull red. Finally I use the Panel’s from clearest to darker.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.