Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. montanan

Running Bear’s October 2020 Coffee Shop

Going to check in real quickly. We ended up with a total of about a foot and a half of snow by the time it was all over. Had some winds put a three plus foot snow drift across the driveway. The tractor with the mowing deck still on it was in the shed, but I keep the snow blower under the front...
  2. montanan

Good afternoon. Winter is still here as we had about another foot come down over Friday night into Saturday. What they have been doing as an experiment here on the roads is to put a rumble strip down the center line of the road and on the fog line on the edge of the road. They did come in handy...
  3. montanan

Good morning. Maybe not so good. Winter is giving s a preview of what's to come. Woke up to 17 degrees and what appears to be about 6 inches of snow. Went out and cleared the snow off of the wife's car and got a second cup of coffee. I am a bit stiff after working on the trim work at my...
  4. montanan

Good morning. Have to make it quick today. Going to visit the vampire this morning to get a blood draw for my annual physical at the end of the month. Have to fast so I hope Francine and Flo have a good hearty breakfast ready, like half a cow. After that I'll be heading ocer to my friends house...
  5. montanan

Good morning. Busy again. Winter seem to be on the way as we are expected to have early morning temps in the single digits by the end of the week. Was busy yesterday at my friends place installing new flooring. It seems that I got volunteered for this job by my wife and my friends wife as I have...
  6. montanan

Good morning. 27 degrees with some very light snow this morning. The main part of the storm passed to the north of us. Another flop for the forecast. Greg- A late Happy Birthday. Ray - Sad to hear that Holden will be out of racing. General Motors is having its problems. Was watching a super...
  7. montanan

Track Nailing Tool

Kadee used to make a spike gun for spiking track as GeeTee mentioned. I started my layout hand laying track as I had moved from N scale to HO scale and chose to go with code 70 track. Kadee no longer makes or services them. Mine had plenty of use as I had lent it to a club and another modeler...
  8. montanan

Good afternoon. Been busy again taking care of the last few items to get ready for winter. We did have some snow last week, just enough to let us know that winter is on the way. Today there is a winter weather advisory out bit looking at the radar, most of it is to the north of us. Rain was...
  9. montanan

Good afternoon. I have as usual been busy with non railroad projects. Just about all done with them except for running through all of the fallen leaves with the mower to mulch them. Only a few trees left with any leaves and with the winds picking up with a cold front moving through, not many...
  10. montanan

They count the Corvid differently. Even if a person dies in a car wreck, but is positive for Corvid-19, they count it as a Corvid death. Many of the people that have passed away had underlying conditions. This id from the CDC from a while back. The media has a habit of only reporting what they...
  11. montanan

I also don't need to give anyone access to my DNA, not that I have anything to hide. One thing very seldom mentioned is the recovery numbers, something like 97.3 percent. The virus is serious, but somewhat over blown. Go and look at other outbreaks, like the swine flu.
  12. montanan

Good afternoon. got an early start this morning leaving at 0500 for Billings. Had to take the wife to see a doctor and have a medical procedure done. On the way I couldn't resist taking a picture of this sign in downtown Billings. Anyone stupid enough to stop on the tracks deserves to get...
  13. montanan

Where can I find the road signs.

Blair Line put them out available from Walthers. I model the transition era. They have speed limit, stop signs and many other.
  14. montanan

Good morning. As usual, I did miss a few days and have to catch up again. It's still warm up here and we're enjoying every bit of it. I did manage to get some time in flying on Thursday as there wasn't much smoke around. Friday I knocked around the yard cleaning us anything that was out of place...
  15. montanan

Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

Good evening. Busy as usual. Had the 'puter off and not getting any updates on the phone like we used to get. Bob never responded as to why they stopped coming on the phone after his last update. Fall is here. Took this a few days ago and actually missed the best color. Fall colors are pretty...
  16. montanan

Good afternoon. As usual, I've been bust again. Sold two more cars and helped them load on Friday afternoon and then went to town for bowling. Yesterday the grandkids came over. They were getting bored hanging around their house. They rode their bikes for a while and then watched cartoon on TV...
  17. montanan

Good afternoon. Been busy as usual. Went to Deer Lodge Monday and after lunch with out bowling partner, went to hos place and played pool for a while. Today I did a job I wasn't looking forward to, replacing the drive belt for the hydrostatic drive on the tractor. It was getting a bit sluggish...
  18. montanan

Good afternoon. Not much going on out here. Things have cooled off with the high expected to be only in the mid 60's. Getting a bit better at bowling. Never touched a ball since last year and didn't start well last week, but improved with every game and did manage a couple of 200 games last...
  19. montanan

Good afternoon. Been busy as usual. We have quite a bit of smoke coming in from the west. Here are a couple of photos from yesterday. The first was at about 10 AM when I was leaving fro Feer Lodge and the second I guess was at about 7:30 PM, with a smokey sunset. Both were telephoto shots. I...
  20. montanan

Good morning. Another smokey day today with temps in the low 80's predicted. Going to have to pass on going flying again today. Here's a photo that a pilot friend took the other day of the area that burned. This is just part of it. As of today the fire is 75% contained and 28 homes have been...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.