Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. chessie_system3

Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is well. Finally getting a taste of fall here. Although won't last much longer. Supposed to be mid to low 80s by the end of the week. Seeing TrucTrain55s bluebox locos motivated me to go and dust off one of mine. And I mean dusting....this poor thing I have had...
  2. chessie_system3

Evening fellers. It's been a few days so I suppose it's time for an update. I had to replace the front brake lines on my truck today. Found the drivers side had collapsed. Allowed fluid in but wouldn't relieve the pressure off the brake caliper. Ofcourse I didnt know this. I actually put on new...
  3. chessie_system3

Afternoon fellers. Didnt get to stop by this past weekend like I had hoped. I did however get to work on the layout some. Mostly cleaning it up from all the railroad clutter. Had a bunch of old couplers and plastic wheel sets from all of my upgrade work. Got all that cleaned up. Reclaimed as...
  4. chessie_system3

Not much going on at the moment. But I figured I'd share some stuff I've come across with yall.
  5. chessie_system3

Well I had a long winded post and it just vanished. So I'll just leave yall with the good stuff and call it good. Some items I've added to my railroad recently. I've been quite busy and havent had a chance to make a post. Just figured I'd let everyone know that the cat doesn't have my tongue...
  6. chessie_system3

Running Bear's August 2020 Coffee Shop

Been a few days since my last post. My dad still hasn't recovered. Doctors think he may have a blood clot in his neck. So he is due for an MRI this week. I'll be taking off work a day or two to help him out around the house. Nothing new to report in the train world at the moment. I'll catch with...
  7. chessie_system3

Running Bear's August 2020 Coffee Shop

Evening fellers. I hope everyone is well. Went to my lhs today for some supplies. Needed some paint and glue. Even managed an impulse purchase! A chessie F100. A little more expensive than I like but too good to pass up. Working on a structure tonight. The reason why I bought paint. Hopefully i...
  8. chessie_system3

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. My dad is slowly recovering from his illness. He's not 100% as of right now but he is home so it's a plus. Finally started upgrading my caboose fleet. Will be going away from my blue box. Recieved my atlas chessie caboose through the snail mail...
  9. chessie_system3

Vintage C&O photos by Chessie System 3

Ok I have fallen behind on posting in this thread. Let's just go ahead and correct that. Here's some more pics for yall to enjoy.
  10. chessie_system3

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Rough and I mean rough start to my morning today. Found out my dad went to the hospital with an illness. Not covid but a bacterial infection. He is getting released later today but this morning it was still very much unknown. Then ofcourse my...
  11. chessie_system3

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. The mail man brought me goodies today! Sadly everything that is in Michigan is well still there. Sitting in Detroit. For days!!! In Detroit.... I guess I'll get it when it gets here. Meanwhile everything coming up from the south is here. Figure I...
  12. chessie_system3

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Its friday again. Seems all my orders are on the snail mail. 3 of which are still in michigan.....been there for the past few days. Kinda irritating seeing as I placed these orders at the close of the weekend. I suppose I have no other choice but...
  13. chessie_system3

Morning fellers. Hope everyone is doing well. Shopping for replacement axle gears for my newly acquired P2K Geeps. Came across A line gears. Are those any good? Are they better than Athearn gears?
  14. chessie_system3

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is well. In regards to my GP30s I just picked up. Some of yall might remember my rant on my GP7 with the busted gears. Ofcourse I had replacements on hand as I've owned quite a few Athearns and still do. Suppose I should go ahead and replace the gears when they...
  15. chessie_system3

Another monday.....for the working folks it's the dreaded back to work monday. I made an impulse purchase yesterday. Couldn't help myself. At $60 a piece I felt it was a steal especially seeing what single units are selling for on ebay. I purchased 3 P2K GP30s for $180. Do I need anymore...
  16. chessie_system3

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Became an official member of the C&O Historical Society last week. Ofcourse I ordered some goodies as well. Figured I'd share my haul with yall. The books are free gifts for becoming a member. I ordered a chessie shirt. I also ordered a chessie...
  17. chessie_system3

In a bit of good news. It looks as though my brother will make a recovery from covid. He was lucky enough to ride it out at home. Found out today he is doing alot better. So always a good bit of news. Gonna be an oven here tomorrow. Weather man is calling for a high of 99. Not looking forward to...
  18. chessie_system3

So when I was stationed in Virginia Beach and I met my wife. I was doing the whole meet the parents deal. Well her dad found out I am from West Virginia. Well he asked me to smile. Which I did. His response was this: "Oh my god you have all your teeth!" Ofcourse he had more jokes too. All of...
  19. chessie_system3

Already in the works. May be a veteran but I know I'm rusty and could use the training. Eventhough I can open carry legally in West Virginia as is now. Which I won't as it's not my intended purpose for owning a firearm. Atleast not right now. Who knows what the future may hold. Theres a lot of...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.