Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. A

Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

I was working my air brake job in a in a railroad back shop when my wife texted me from her work that the USA was under attack. After finding someone who had a radio I learned what happened. I still remember my upper management person telling groups of employees to get back to work.
  2. A

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

I would like to extend my gratitude and congratulations for your sons Bronze Star award. We have to appreciate those who serve in the military.
  3. A

Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Do not know if this will help but I had to replace 2 headlight lens on a 1930 fire truck and I went to a local glass dealer and they were able to replicate them in a round configuration out of shower glass.
  4. A

Planning Your Layout and Track Plans

I did not follow any specific plan from any source but designed one on Anyrail that is a freestanding walk around that fit the room and had the goals I was looking to achieve in the space I had.
  5. A

Printing picture

Thank you flyboy
  6. A

Printing picture

I came across a picture from a member of something I am trying to do. It was posted on 9/10/2008. When I go to print the picture I get a blue box across the area I am looking at with ModelRailroadForums with my name. Can I print without the blue box?
  7. A

Running Bear's May 2020 Coffee Shop

The annual summer job was to cover thin metal frames in Irish linen to fit the various inlet openings on the G's with many different shapes depending on the specific engine. All air inlets were not the same across the fleet. The same problem came up when the Budd Metroliners were introduced and...
  8. A

The M-K & Eastern RR

Very nice work on the on the retaining wall. What would be the equivalent item in the USA of the Depron foam?
  9. A

How Will the Pandemic Impact the Model Railroad World?

Maybe to get Delaware in your data: Just Trains in Newark DE.-Trains Toys & Hobbies in Claymont DE
  10. A

How to Make Homabed

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for to see about adding one to my old Craftsman.
  11. A

How to Make Homabed

I like the idea of the dust collector but what do you use for the table saw? Maybe a picture?
  12. A

New Media

Lately when I search for new media under photos/videos I have not seen anything newer than 12-29-19. Has something changed, am I doing something wrong or there just have not been any postings?
  13. A

Running Bear's February 2020 Coffee Shop

Boris: Do you know what facility the picture of the GG1 4872 was taken at? Thanks
  14. A

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Looks great. Are you using the chooch paper? If so how would you attach the paper to plaster? I have read that if it is the chooch paper with the adhesive backing in time it starts to come off. Thanks for any help.
  15. A

Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Do you have an Adblocker program on your computer?
  16. A

Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

I personally like The Stanley Stove and Boiler Company
  17. A

Running Bear's June 2019 Coffee Shop

Where I live I have never heard of a property tax bill for vehicles?
  18. A

Running Bear's January 2019 Coffee Shop

Bruette: I have a a 93 % EER gas hot air unit in my attic that does that same thing. I found that that taking the rubber tube vacuum line off of the large metal diaphragm in front of the burner box and just blowing into it will clear it up and the igniter will work.
  19. A

1930s Fire Trucks -- probable Kitbashing project

The oldest manafacturer of fire apparatus is in your neck of the woods. It is Seagrave Fire Apparatus and started in Detroit in 1881. They are now in Clintonville Wisconsin . In 1963 they moved to their present location. A lot of early 20th century was shipped on flatbed train cars. I think...
  20. A

Private messages

Is there a way to send a private message to a forum member?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.