Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. C

Coastal Overland build

Hi Guys and Gals! Finally got the dang room done ( enough ). I can't believe how slow I am just because ima older. Well, I don't think ima older, but folks tell me "it's so"; so that could be most of the problem. Anyway take a look at Coastal Overland as I have posted pix and text of what I did...
  2. C

Coastal Overland RR - startup!

Hi All! Finally winding down into retirement and am getting started on building my layout. Still have to go out on the road for another year, although I am home right now waiting for my wife to get new parts - hip. We team drive over the road and expect to be going again near April. See the...
  3. C

Hello from Libby, MT!

Hi all Been a train nut all my life. Mom said that when I was younger I would want her to stop the car so I could watch those old NP articulateds pass by! Still stop and wait at crossings ( gate NOT down yet ) if there is not any other vehicles around. Pissed the first wife off when I did...
  4. C

Mimeya revisited. Was s-curve in yard throat

Hi All Thanks to all of those commented on my original plan. I have managed to set my minimum radius to 30" and have more found more floor space. I still have a peninsula that is a mountianous area that traverses between the levels but it looks to be easier for operators to follow their...
  5. C

S-Curve in yard throat

Hi all! I recently posted my layout, and from the suggestion(s) I have been busy changing my minimum radius to 30" which meant that I would have to rework the yard. Below is small segment of my tentative spagetti. Looking at YK1 diverging to YK2 diverging there are two 30 degree curves...
  6. C

Mimeya

Hi all How about some feedback on this layout? But first a little background: Work on the MiMeYa stoped as spring 2010 got here. During the course of the summer we decided to put up an 32x40 outbuilding for tools and some other stuff. At that time the layout was in a 12x16 room shared...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.