Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. 2Tracks

Newbie Coupling Problems

It is! I do HO, no experience with N, so I can't say if these problems are more susceptible because it is in N. But, start with the basics.... And this would be an excellent one to start with. Along with height, are they free moving? Are they body mounted, truck mounted? Binding issues? Track...
  2. 2Tracks

Bringing old cars back ..

I don't have any of those cars, but I like your collection of them.
  3. 2Tracks

Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

Willie...Thanks for the info on the cleaning car, and that was the thought I had in mind, as a help keep it clean car. Here is some 1/8th wide. looks like you need stuff that's pretty narrow.......... Sherrell...great pic!
  4. 2Tracks

Good morning from the West side.....50 degrees and still dark........
  5. 2Tracks

Locomotive, Train & Layout information, how to store & sort

Steve..I am laughing my ass off!! 😂😂 At my self! James above posted some of the sheets he uses with Shenware. That made me laugh so hard, I wouldn't have a clue on how to do any of that stuff, honestly, I can barely slog my way thru getting something on an excel document. That is nice James, I...
  6. 2Tracks

The Union Pacific Soggy Bottoms Division (HO scale)

flyboy...nice progress on your layout. I wanted to add to the easement subject for the new guys........some of the basics/theory behind it. Looking at the 1:1, -- Tangent--Straight track (no radius) -- Full body of curve (constant radius)...
  7. 2Tracks

Good morning from southern Oregon! 50 degrees, slight breeze. Troy...Some things take time? Everybody should do a career change every once in a while...no? 😉😉 Willie...Thanks much for the link! I've got that book marked, and on hard copy. I am the least computer (read--confuser!) savvy! I...
  8. 2Tracks

Re-painting HO shipping containers, need advice

I've used this method, and I also heated the spray can up in some warm water, seems like the mist had a better pattern to it.
  9. 2Tracks

Cleaning Loco Wheels By Brute Force

Never heard of that method before. Any damage to the track or wheels? o_O
  10. 2Tracks

Switcher-Rama sale

Thanks for the link, I have ya saved under sellers.....
  11. 2Tracks

HO Lionel help

Jerome...so it looks like the log & pipe unloaders are the same? Have not seen the milk cars before, it has been awhile, but it seems like I've seen the log unloader on feebay under a vintage kits search....good luck......
  12. 2Tracks

Athearn HO Locomotives Needing a Home

Indeed, post them pics......
  13. 2Tracks

Good morning from the periphery of the Great Basin. Sherrell, Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I missed the birthday bash yesterday, for a present, let me sent you a jar of clean Oregon air! Oh wait a minute, your air is cleaner than my air...o_Oo_O...what the?? Willie.. thanks much for the...
  14. 2Tracks

NCE DCC 5240002 PH-PRO-R Wireless 5 amp Starter Set?

I've got the NCE 5 amp PH PRO-R system. So what are you going to do? Screw around with auto light bulbs? Suck it up, get the EB-1!
  15. 2Tracks

New Tools Forum

Here's a tool that's come in handy more than once.......an anvil, a piece of six inch ore car rail....
  16. 2Tracks

Troy...great progress on the track plan..👍 Not out of the realm of possibilities!
  17. 2Tracks

Greetings to a new day. With the cooler nights we've been having, its helping the fire fighters get a handle on these big fires. My thoughts are with you guys that have to deal with the hurricane situation. Thanks to all for your comments & likes.... Willie & Patric....thanks for the info on...
  18. 2Tracks

First Craftsman kit.....

I've got some canopy glue, but have not used it to make windows, was just wondering, at what point is the opening too large for the glue to span?
  19. 2Tracks

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Here is the new Athearn Genesis EMD Demonstrator F7 A-B w/sound. 'nough said.
  20. 2Tracks

Good morning from Oregon's high desert, the air is clear this morning, awesome view of the Milky Way. Very little light pollution here. Don't expect the clear sky's too last long.....and, a chance of thunder storms Thur. Fri. That's what we need!! I just wanted to say how enjoyable this forum...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.