Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's August 2020 Coffee Shop

TomO, Espee & Greg- stay safe with this line of storms headed your way. My buddy in Ames area shared a text message from Story Co. DEM, urging people to stay home & off the roads, so that the responders can do their jobs to clean up & keep the roads clear.
  2. MikeInHubCity

2011. Epicenter in VA. Same week as Hurricane/TS Irene.
  3. MikeInHubCity

Toot, Tom O & Greg- Timms Hill is in Price County(which makes it part of the Northwoods), while Rib Mountain(both the mountain & town) is in Marathon County(Central WI) & the highest point in Central Wisconsin. I can clearly see the slopes of Granite Peak Ski Area from my cardiologist’s parking...
  4. MikeInHubCity

Greg- We’ve done the Miller Valley tour a couple of times(my 2nd visit to WI- got RT airfare for less than what it would cost to drive one way from South Jersey & after dropping Mom off at MKE after her 1st visit). If Coors in Golden is ADA-friendly, we might do that tour if we go to Denver for...
  5. MikeInHubCity

Chet/Joe- one of my frousins lives in Cedarville(Cumberland Co- down near Fortescue & Del Bay) was told by AC Electric that they would be without power for at least 5-7 days. Fortunately, they have a generator. Frousin= friend+cousin. Her & her family were my aunt/uncle’s next door neighbor...
  6. MikeInHubCity

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Willie- that sounds typical for USPS. If I mail something to wife’s grands outside of Stratford(10-15 minutes away), it gets routed via Green Bay(140-some miles one way).
  7. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Willie- right near my old stomping grounds. I grew up about 15 minutes from Marlton & just sent a “WI care package” to a buddy from HS, who lives & works in Marlton. Cheese, brats & curds. He’s going to hook me up with a Jersey care package(Tastykakes, pork roll & scrapple).
  8. MikeInHubCity

Sherrel- a friend of mine & her husband in NC went through the whole IVT process, wiping out their savings & maxing our their credit cards. Ended up getting pregnant “the old fashioned way”.
  9. MikeInHubCity

New Intermountain Auto Racks are in!

I need some more autoracks for my future layout, as I’m planning to protolance the Superior Sub from Marshfield-Spencer-Owen. The rear border of my FIL’s hunting woods(between Spencer & Riplinger) is the Superior Sub.
  10. MikeInHubCity

Greg- the property our club is looking to relocate to. The owner wants to expand & build a hobby store on the property. Across from Brown’s Bar(which is next to Marshfield FD).
  11. MikeInHubCity

We finally get to watch our Boys of Summer tonight(blacked out last night- ESPN game). Kike’ had a great game & Graterol looked sick, with the 100+ heater.... & then his slider is essentially a changeup, in the high 80’s.
  12. MikeInHubCity

Darn that 13th Leeds kid. 😂
  13. MikeInHubCity

Same rules as the VGK expansion draft. We knew that, when they expanded to Vegas, that a 32nd team to balance out the 2 conferences. As far as logos go, I’m kind of partial to the flying P crest of the Orange & Black.
  14. MikeInHubCity

Joe & Tom O- what’s your thoughts on this NHL news from today?
  15. MikeInHubCity

Louis- as my dad was fond of saying. Life is hard. It is not fair. Fair is that event that you go to with the midway amusements, food vendors, livestock & 4H displays.
  16. MikeInHubCity

Joe- Better than the mass blackout that folks in Central/East Iowa face. Twins, Cards, Brew Crew & both Chicago teams. Western IA blacked out from Rox & Royals in place of CHI & Mke.
  17. MikeInHubCity

Joe- we decided to let the MLB credit rollover towards our 2021 subscription. Less we have to pay out next year. Don’t forget about the ESPN, YouTube & Facebook Live games. Those are exclusive, too, & not available on MLB.TV.
  18. MikeInHubCity

Afternoon, gang. Flo, I’ll take a couple Italian sausages w/ extra kraut, PATY. Willie- the day Armstrong took his historic lunar stroll, I was still baking in the oven. Joe- that Totem Pole definitely had that SOTB feel to it. Nothing like all those “X miles to Pedro” countdown billboards.
  19. MikeInHubCity

Him dead. That’s what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. If la case nostra didn’t off him, Father Time did(since he was born in 1913).

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.