Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Texas Hobo

Running Bear's August 2020 Coffee Shop

Went out early to mow, with a predicted 110 heat index i needed to be finished before the heat of the day. Some great photos gentlemen.
  2. Texas Hobo

Afternoon all. Just stopped by to say "howdy". Not much happening in the train room. Still kicking around the idea of changing the layout. The far corner is just to difficult to reach even when on a step stool. Hell to get old. STAY SAFE Later, Hughie
  3. Texas Hobo

Nothing like the Mohawk Trail in Autumn
  4. Texas Hobo

Well it's another hot one with feels like temps around 105. Think a couple of PB&J would be nice, glass of milk. Reading Greg's and Tom's posts made me think just how great it is to get off the Interstate and take the back roads. It seems like most of the time we are in such a hurry to be...
  5. Texas Hobo

I'm not sure if I ever posted this before. 11 ft x 6 ft and 40 inches wide.
  6. Texas Hobo

Happy Birthday to all us Puddle Pirates.
  7. Texas Hobo

Afternoon all. Well it's August in H-town. Humidity just makes miserable to be outdoors. Willie - I love the Bar Mills brand of buildings and their detail packages. Already put a few items on my Christmas list (never too early). I have a spot picked out for the Shipyard Brewery, and Majestic...
  8. Texas Hobo

Love the Majestic Hardware. I got my eye out for the Shipyard Brewery in N scale.
  9. Texas Hobo

At least they kept the John Deere colors on the cab
  10. Texas Hobo

Afternoon all. Well we are suppose to do one of those drive-by parades for our great granddaughter but I'm not sure the weather is going to cooperate. I did get about an hour train time yesterday. It sometimes amazes me how 30 minutes in a make believe world can be so relaxing. The Covid-19...
  11. Texas Hobo

Good afternoon all. Well the day started off with thunder and rain. Sun popped up for a little bit but overcast again. It's hard to believe it's August, we've been contending with this virus thing since February and not seeing an end soon. Some great photos guys. STAY SAFE, STAY AWAY and STAY...
  12. Texas Hobo

Man, that sure looks like Queens Blvd
  13. Texas Hobo

I'd been drinking and they told me to take the trolley home. Turns out I can't drive it either!
  14. Texas Hobo

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Afternoon all. So something funny (funny odd as opposed to funny humorous) while MU my Broadway limited SD45-2's. CV-29 is what determines direction and is usually set at 38. If you want to change which end is forward you can change CV-29 to 39. So my Delaware & Hudson RS-3 are 4103 & 4108, with...
  15. Texas Hobo

Good Afternoon all. I'm thinking maybe a BLT with a vanilla malted. Off and on showers here in H-Town. Thank you for your condolences. Willie - the way I see it is with a laptop I can go anywhere in the house and use it. With that said, I have a desktop, 2 laptops, 2 tablets, 2 old laptops...
  16. Texas Hobo

Well good evening all. It seems I lost quite a bit of time here at the diner. Wasn't cause the food was bad mind you, but social distancing and all that stuff. In reality it has been a tough month and a half. Two brother-in-laws passed,both of old age, 89 and 96. My next door neighbor passed...
  17. Texas Hobo

Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Good Afternoon all. I have been as busy as a cat burying poo in a sandbox. Getting my new computer completely set up. I had some difficulty moving my SCARM license from the old computer to the new one. I gotta tell you SCARM worked with me for a couple of days to get everything right, fantastic...
  18. Texas Hobo

Good Afternoon all. Well the rain just started, so it will really get muggy in a bit. The new computer showed up and it has taken 2 days to get close to where I was with the old computer. Thanks for the likes on the switcher picture. Not a lot of train time lately. LATER
  19. Texas Hobo

Good Afternoon all. Another warm one in H-Town. We've had some rain and wind which knocked down quite a few limbs. So yard work took front and center. As I stated earlier I'm waiting for a new laptop. T is one has a f w ke s sticking. I did manage an hour yesterday to run some trains. QUESTION...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.