Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. W

Painting

What I meant was to use a white popcorn ceiling paint. I am trying to create a winter scene.
  2. W

Painting

I was thinking of painting my plywood (that has my track on it). I was looking at using a spray paint to cover the plywood. Thinking of the old white ceiling paint that has the speckle pieces in it. The old ceiling paint that was on your ceiling. I want to cover the track and roadbed so the...
  3. W

Expansion of the Atlas-HO-15 "Minimum-size twice around" wiring problems

Thanks to everybody for your information on this set up. i will work on this, to see if it works. I will give you my results next week.
  4. W

Atlas HO-15 "Minimum - sized twice around" expansion ideas

I installed the Atlas #220 controller. Everything works fine, except when the train comes back at the middle or center spur (where the (2) insulated joiners are.... the train stops. I was going by the picture off the #220 controller. The main line connection works fine. Any suggestions?
  5. W

This is what I am looking for. Need help in wiring in the Atlas #220 controller and placement of the insulated rail joiners. Any ideas, diagrams or pictures would be helpful. Looking at this plan: I am coming off the top track (using it as the mainline), coming around putting in (3) truss...
  6. W

Need track planning software.

Does SCARM have this track plan? Atlas HO-15 "Minimum twice around"
  7. W

It was suggested that I add a reversing loop to my track plan. It was said to add the Atlas #220 controller to this plan. It makes since. How do I wire this controller with the placement of the insulated rail joiners. Any pictures or diagrams would be helpful.
  8. W

Need track layout plan for any track design software.

Looking for the Atlas - HO-15 "Minimum-sized twice around". Is there a software program that has this track plan in it?
  9. W

Atlas HO-15 "Minimun-Sized turn around" expansion

As stated in earlier post, I wish to add to this thread. With the addition of the up and over expansion, I am planning on a little Christmas town with lights, built on a 4' 4' sheet of plywood. To be added to the HO-15 layout. There will be no turnouts. I know that I will need a separate power...
  10. W

I am working with the Atlas HO-15 "Minimum - size twice around" track plan. I have it up and running. The wiring described in the plan book #11 was helpful. Now look at this option : I came off the bottom or top spur and continued to make an up and over ovel that comes back into the inside spur...
  11. W

Looking at adding an ovel to the outside of this track plan. Any ideas? I have the room and track. Do not want to add a wye and running DC. Any help......
  12. W

Need track planning software.

Looking for any track planning software that has the "Atlas HO-15 "Minimum - Size Twice Around" already in their data base? Or do I have to import each track part by track part into it?
  13. W

Need help expanding the Atlas HO-15 Layout (Minimun-sized Twice Around)

Is there any track plan design software that has this track plan in it? Or do I have to input it piece by piece into a program?
  14. W

That sounds great. With this track plan, you have (2) spurs that goes nowhere. I it possible to expand more track and say make a large ovel on say a 4'x4' sheet of plywood? I mean come off the (2) spurs make a large ovel. I had something added, made an ovel and came back to the other spur. The...
  15. W

I like this plan, trains keep moving. I would like to expand this layout. Found in Atlas HO Layouts for every Space. Book # 11, Chapter 7, pages 24-25. Any ideas? Need design, electrical for this layout. I am using Atlas 83 track. (all my track comes from Bachmann Trains.) I am working with DC...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.