Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. T.C.

Question about a mail order company

They take PayPal so that's what I would use to pay, I guess if it goes south on me I could file a clam with PP ? I'm actually more concerned with poor fill rate and slow shipping. T.C.
  2. T.C.

I live in Fl. the company is in Ga. I think. I got a quote on the shipping for what I wanted to order and It was reasonable, so reasonable prices and reasonable shipping does that through up a red flag ? Hoping to get a reply from someone who has dealt with this company...
  3. T.C.

Sorry about that here's the link. https://www.trainmastermodels.com/default.asp No it's not on EvilBay that's why I'm asking to see if you guy's can give me a rating, good or bad. Thanks T.C.
  4. T.C.

I am looking at the TrainMasters website and they seem to have good prices and reasonable shipping. Has anyone bought from them and if so how was the service in regards to fill rate and shipping (fast or slow) ? Any comment or advice is welcome Thanks T.C.
  5. T.C.

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Who makes it ? T.C.
  6. T.C.

Question about the PH&D RR

The picture is of my Grandpa taken either at the Morton salt or Chris Craft ? He lost four of his fingers on one hand in a "coupler" accident. ouch ! o_O Thanks for looking T.C.
  7. T.C.

Question about the PH&D RR

I am looking for information about the PH&D RR from back in the 40's through the 80's. Specifically pictures of or with the crew of the trains. The reason is my Grandfather on my mothers side worked on the PH&D all his life, but apparently he was camera shy as I cant find any pictures of him...
  8. T.C.

Forum Rules info

WOW ! Glad I don't own any Russian trains ! I'm done ! T.C.
  9. T.C.

Hookup wire

I looks like nice wire, just keep in mind that 30 gauge is very small, I don't know if it's large enough for wiring track ? T.C.
  10. T.C.

Hookup wire

Thanks again Greg, I have found what I was looking for, I got the 30 gauge and it's just the rite size, any smaller would be to small. So this worked out well This is a neat little set and has 66 feet of each color plus the other stuff for 12.95 I may order the 22 gauge just to have it on hand...
  11. T.C.

Hookup wire

Thanks for the link Greg I didn't see any 30 gauge wire, but I did see some interesting light shades. T.C.
  12. T.C.

Hookup wire

Thanks for the reply, I'm into HO, HOn30 all my track is wired with bell wire probably 22-24 gauge. I'm not using this wire for track hookup I'm using it to wire building lights (led and bulbs) and to wire engines. So I'm looking for a small very flexible wire, like they use for grain of weat...
  13. T.C.

Hookup wire

Thanks for the replies, never thought about the cable. Although I would have to buy one to cut it up and I don't know how cost effective that would be? The magnet wire is to stiff but I appreciate the thought . I may have to use the 30 g, I ordered some today so I'll see ? T.C.
  14. T.C.

Hookup wire

Where can I get hookup wire smaller than AWG30 ? Only thing I can find is 30 and that seems large for hooking up led's and small lite bulbs. Needs to be very flexible and stranded. T.C.
  15. T.C.

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Believe it or not Jim I have been here for every page you have posted, I'm just getting old and I forget things. I'm such a fan of yours I entered and won one of your contest, cant remember witch one or exactly when though....lol Keep up the good work ! T.C.
  16. T.C.

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Looks good Jim, can you explain to us dummy's the products you used and how they were applied ? Thanks T.C.
  17. T.C.

How can I "destatic" the grass and tools?

As the old line goes "that's what she said". I ask my wife and that's just what she suggested I do, try a dryer sheet........................didn't work. T.C.
  18. T.C.

How can I "destatic" the grass and tools?

I built a static grass applicator and it all works fine, except for one thing............How do I get this grass not to stick to "everything" ? This stuff goes everywhere and is hard to clean up due to the fact it wants to continue to stick even after the power is turned off. I know women have...
  19. T.C.

Question about protecting a product idea

I've always heard if it's that good of an idea to just go ahead and make/sell it . Because once the cat is out of the bag someone will change your design in the smallest way, call it there's and "they" will make and sell it therefore beating you out of all the glory and money. If it's really...
  20. T.C.

Train room electronics question

Thanks for the replies, that's a lot of info on AC led's, I'll bookmark the page for the future. I did find bulbs to replace the fuse bulbs, the other bulb looks like a large bullet bulb (about 1/2")with two wires coming from it. I'm sure I can find a 12v bulb to replace it ? I would post a...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.