Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Rico

Loco / tender ID

Here’s the whole enchilada sitting on my “temporarily permanent” display shelf. My Dad had it in his collection of stuff. He wasn’t a train fan, more of a stuff fan. Thanx again for the help guys!
  2. Rico

Loco / tender ID

Hey GeeTee, that makes sense to me! Sherrel that’s what I was thinking, thank you! I also have two NYC boxcars and a matching caboose to go with them. Guess the next thing to do is see if they run, not sure what I’m going to do with them.
  3. Rico

Loco / tender ID

Would anyone happen to know which of these tenders goes with which of these locos? I’m thinking the 999 is the New York Central and 666 is the Penn Central, based on the looks of the bodies and wheels. Thanx!
  4. Rico

Tight curves and tight clearance

Cool vid, thanx! Now about that schnabel car....
  5. Rico

Problem with joining Atlas HO code 83 flex track

Ok I’m assuming (yeah I know) you’re dealing with sectional curve track. If the rail joiners are new they should hold fairly well, if not you could gently squeeze them. Also make sure they’re code 83 joiners and not combination 83/100 joiners. Now if it’s temporary track I’d use track nails or...
  6. Rico

Slip Coaches

Well I had no idea they ever did that on purpose, very cool thanx!
  7. Rico

Fire station or We can't burn the house down!

I like the flat roof idea, don’t forget a nice shiny brass pole in the middle!
  8. Rico

The forgotten RR

I don’t recall seeing that paint scheme on the first loco before Jerome. Here’s an old photo taken just before the Fuerst Matthes mill #1 came down.
  9. Rico

JTEX A switcher junkyard

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! (remember Horshack?) Is it more critters???
  10. Rico

How do I bring cork roadbed down to ground level?

Ok I just reread the original question. If the hidden staging is going to be put in place at the same base level then simply shave the cork down with a Surform or some kind of sander. I do this when going from mainline to sidings or industrial track. If the base levels are not the same height...
  11. Rico

Hello!

Hmmmm... When I lived on the island I was in N but now that I’m on the prairies I’m in HO. Somethings going on here! Welcome aboard!
  12. Rico

Another crossing gate idea

Very nice and great idea George!
  13. Rico

Flashing LED circuit?

Yup as Greg mentioned this is just too easy! https://lighthouseleds.com/led-component-lighting/animated-leds-flashing-blinking/5mm-led-flashing-round-top.html
  14. Rico

Hennepin Overland, RHS. Minneapolis, MN.

Very nice! Always wanted to visit but could never manage, maybe one of these days...
  15. Rico

Another Ebay mystery

Yikes... Shipping: US $55.00 (approx. C $74.62) USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box See details International shipment of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges. I just noticed that there are two bidders upping the price, 0ne has a...
  16. Rico

Another Ebay mystery

Okay we all know the pros and cons of Feebay and there’s tons of topics both praising and blasting it. I still like to peruse the listings tho for hard to find items or to get an idea of what an item is fetching on the market and I do have some goodies that I’ll likely list there. For the most...
  17. Rico

JTEX A switcher junkyard

Yeah I called Athearn the other day to see if a part for an SW1500 was still available. They said they’d check with Jerome and get back to me! :oops:
  18. Rico

Jordan Highway Miniatures Vintage Vehicles - B-2 Steam Shovel HO Kit Help Please

I'm not sure if this is the same one you’re looking for but if it is I’ll have a look for the paperwork. I think the cab is the same on the two.
  19. Rico

Grade crossing gates and signals HO scale

I thought interrupting infrared beams would work regardless of color? I’m unfamiliar with them and I’ll reread your post again. I’ll be looking for something similar so keep us posted!
  20. Rico

JTEX A switcher junkyard

Okay, so HOLY CRAP! Looking good! I spotted the KLX Baldwin in there too, fits right in! Any thoughts on a 1/87 DJ flying a drone overhead?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.