Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. tootnkumin

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Author The Montana Rail Link Railfan Society Suns right in the eyes Author The Montana Rail Link Railfan Society West end of the canyon at La Hood The End
  2. tootnkumin

Today's foray down the 5th Sub from Logan is a long train of empty stack cars, heading for storage again. What makes this trip notable is that it's late in the afternoon and the sun is low in the west, creating some interesting hi and low lights Author The Montana Rail Link Railfan Society The...
  3. tootnkumin

When I read that, I thought you must have been in the hot seat.
  4. tootnkumin

😲, wad'ja make the 1:87 nails out'a?
  5. tootnkumin

Gee, those yard ladders would create some twisty-wisty trains, traversing them, especially the inner group.
  6. tootnkumin

Rotten granite, eh!. Where I am in Queensland, Australia it's called decomposed granite. Used for fill under concrete pads/slabs and as pathways when compacted. Somebody asked me one day when I was putting some down, how long it lasted if it was decomposed. I said, "longer than me, I hope."
  7. tootnkumin

Another Ebay mystery

I did look at it again just after it finished and it showed Sold at that last bid. It's still on my watch list showing the same. I wonder what the buyer thought of his purchase. Maybe they were 3D printed out of amphetamine.
  8. tootnkumin

Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

That's odd, considering it's of a Norfolk Southern Heritage loco being painted in a paint booth in the USA. Done in time lapse photography. The video's title is, How do you paint a locomotive. Should be able to find it directly on YouTube using that title in the search bar. Maybe the problem is...
  9. tootnkumin

That's the Indian Pacific 'cause it runs between the Pacific Ocean on the East Coast, to the Indian Ocean on the West Coast. Includes the longest straight stretch of railway in the world across the Nullarbor Plain (297miles). The trackage itself is known as the Trans Australia Railway.
  10. tootnkumin

Slip Coaches

It would seem that this method was used to enable the forward part of the train, to save time in the total journey by not having to stop at the station served by the "slip coach/'s". That would mean that those coaches would be reserved for passengers only travelling to that stop. I dare say a...
  11. tootnkumin

There's something I just realized with that GP35 repair. The truck frames don't leave the chassis at all, only the axles do, because they are just the same as the truck assemblies on other non-powered rolling stock. Only sitting on the bearing boxes.
  12. tootnkumin

Continuation. Dropping it down onto the truck Author The Montana Rail Link Railfan Society 403 couples on to tow 402 back to Bozeman And the day is getting a bit nicer Off they go Leaving the flotsam and jetsam I could do with one of those GP35 plows.
  13. tootnkumin

A bi' o' bov'va for the Bozeman Local, or how to change a flat on a GP35. Author =AZU-JDiCqU9RPAO9dlxnBvPvlri_WHWWWwDiKqj4XbQvcQDaca19H6pCxfXWyIhGUHRSDurCFDS-8Of15_WB5pz8n1a7dD8OGGJ63qiVzBp6CMA9IaG2lfXvJI-_ZzG9zIiRFvlS2DPMr6LMfokP7YxR-86sKkHIU4ZEdk3Qv2isMQ&__tn__=R*F']The Montana Rail Link...
  14. tootnkumin

Overkill ?
  15. tootnkumin

The movie did. HAL didn't seem to get too passionate about anything to need one.
  16. tootnkumin

The forgotten RR

Not models, but an unusual sight in Montana and as I recall, just before AMTRAK stopped offering this service to private car excursions. Climbing the eastern side of Bozeman Pass with the AAPRCO excursion, with MRL assistance. From the rear
  17. tootnkumin

It was a clip from a Sc-Fi movie of some repute. The similarity between HAL and the rear light appealed to me, plus both had rather unusual ends.
  18. tootnkumin

MRC Prodigy Express'2

How are they going with the number of sound files offered and how good are they?
  19. tootnkumin

Space Odyssey 2001
  20. tootnkumin

Yeah, they're just out from the waters edge, mate.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.