Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. I

Need a Plumber?

Too cool!
  2. I

Does anyone remember this structure?

The article above references Architect Samuel Paul ... Is this the same as you remember?
  3. I

Problem with joining Atlas HO code 83 flex track

Do I understand your post correctly that you are using a mix of code 83 and code 100 rail?
  4. I

Everyone doing okay? What's going on here?

Sounds like it was a great weekend, Greg!
  5. I

Thank you! Happy Friday to you as well!!
  6. I

Have folks not been getting enough sleep lately, or has the isolation been causing people to forget how to be decent to one another? More than one thread lately has included what I would consider to be less than civil posts. There's enough anger and aggression going on in the outside world. Can...
  7. I

3-D Printers

In reference to the issues Patrick reference, filament based printers can only provide resolution to the thickness of the filament and can require a significant amount of cleanup to make useable. I've been eyeing the resin printers which offer much greater resolution than the filament-based 3D...
  8. I

Looking for source of HO gauge scale ships

Thank you for your service, welcome to the forum, and have you looked at shapeways? It's a marketplace for people producing items via 3D printing. 1:87 ships: https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/miniatures/ships?tag=1%2F87 1:87 Vietnam Patrol Boat...
  9. I

What brand of DAP to use for laying foam/ cork roadbed and track ?

I use Liquid Nails Projects with no issues.
  10. I

Model Railroading Tips for beginners Series

Yah, I'm not that bright :D
  11. I

Model Railroading Tips for beginners Series

I use the flush cut rail nippers and have had great success with them...the only issues come when I'm trimming a small piece and it goes shooting off to never be found again, until I step on it.
  12. I

How do I bring cork roadbed down to ground level?

Can you raise the base board of the hidden staging area up by the thickness of the roadbed? Otherwise, woodland scenics have the risers at different grade percentages that you can use. https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/INCLDECLSET/page/1
  13. I

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/fs-code-83-various-pieces-of-track.32606/
  14. I

FS: Code 83 Various Pieces of Track

Since switching to flex track I have a bunch of track that I don't use anymore, so I'm listing it here to see if anyone needs any. Please feel free to make an offer on any or all of it if you'd like. Some notes: All of it is Code 83, nickel silver, with brown ties, except for the Shinora...
  15. I

I'll do an inventory tonight. It's all nickel silver on brown ties.
  16. I

Backing for a "Metal" Sign?

There is also Bare-Metal Foil, which has a slightly adhesive backing: https://www.bare-metal.com/bare-metal-foil.html
  17. I

Backing for a "Metal" Sign?

brushed side of aluminum foil?
  18. I

Are you short pieces? I have a bunch as I've gone fully flextrack.
  19. I

Just received my Caboose from my winning ebay bid (OMI):

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.