Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. wvg_ca

Power Pole Connectors

the ESU is -supposed- to be one of the better systems out there ... no real idea, i have a MRC thingy, and i have never been interested enough in changing to even price out another box ... i do know that MRC is one of the lowest price systems out there, well, next tp DCC++ which i also have ..
  2. wvg_ca

Power Pole Connectors

it's too bad that the Power Pole |Connectors didn't meet your needs ... What are you going to try next ??
  3. wvg_ca

MRC Prodigy Express'2

it's too bad you didn't like the prodigy .... but apples and oranges .. the power cab is a bit more money though ..
  4. wvg_ca

MRC Prodigy Express'2

true, but you are then limited to the lower power output of the express system , but it can be 'boosted' up,
  5. wvg_ca

MRC Prodigy Express'2

I don't know .. don't have the trouble you have had ... and with the same system , normally run 3 to 5 locos, 2 or 3 with sound at the same time, no issues, don't run consists, no need to, by the way this is HO on mostly a 2.5% grade ...
  6. wvg_ca

3-D Printers

In your question you mention buildings, which can be easily done with a filament printer, which costs from $150 and up, but figures, which you also mention, are better done with a resin printer, which costs more, and has a greater cleanup routine ... For reference, I only have a filament...
  7. wvg_ca

Flashing LED circuit?

looks very similar to the one I photographed, the capacitors might be a bit smaller, but not a big deal ... the default rate was about 1 flash per second .. the price is a bit higher, but not much either ..
  8. wvg_ca

Flashing LED circuit?

the vendor doesn't have anything for sale right now ...it was icstation [seller name]
  9. wvg_ca

Flashing LED circuit?

this one is off ebay, the kit [complete] is a buck [shipped] .. don't have a schematic handy rhough
  10. wvg_ca

Another Ebay mystery

most of his ads state that canadians would pay 29 bucks, but it comes up as 55 bucks, an easy pass, lol
  11. wvg_ca

Another Ebay mystery

Actually the shipping to canada shows up as 55 bucks [US], really shadey, lol
  12. wvg_ca

What brand of DAP to use for laying foam/ cork roadbed and track ?

I used DAP alex plus, in the clear version [white when applied], and it's held up well, over six years now .. for foam to wood, and track to foam , just a thin film is all that is needed, spread with a scrap piece of foam or something like that .. no paint needed, just ballast over the top ..
  13. wvg_ca

Looking for Max Shim Thickness for Peco 100 Guard Rails

had an issue with atlas code 100 custom line No 6 turnouts, but it was in the depth, not the width ..
  14. wvg_ca

Coupler Height

I'm only two generations from 'across the water', so the DNA for Canadians thingy hasn't hit me [yet], lol
  15. wvg_ca

Coupler Height

It looks like you only have about half of the coupler engaged ... I know, your railroad, your rules
  16. wvg_ca

NMRA Standards Gauge

I used an On30 Forney to accomplish much the same purpose , the only piece of On30 that I have, lol It was easier to use than the gauge, I have two or three of the gauges, I keep misplacing them...
  17. wvg_ca

Total post count and join date?

Xenforo itself does have the ability to sort members by join date , but I -assume- that option is not available to the average user ??
  18. wvg_ca

Total post count and join date?

Went on a search to find out how to display by join date, oldest first, and no luck there ... I can see individual ones, but not a list ?
  19. wvg_ca

Requesting feedback on idea for foam noise dampening on layout

for best sound insulation, you need to use flexible caulking, but drawback is that DAP is not water soluable like white glue ..[which is very hard, and transmits noise]
  20. wvg_ca

Requesting feedback on idea for foam noise dampening on layout

i used a two inch layer on top of 3/8 plywood, the results were good ... remember to use a flexible adhesive on the foam, i used DAP alex caulking .. i also glued the track to the foam, again DAP caulking

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.