Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. G

clockwise or anti-clockwise?

do you closed loop guys run your mainline clockwise, anti-clockwise or both? point to point guys are neither, I know. just wondering...
  2. G

wooden structure construction advice please

Hey Guys, I have two quick questions: 1st - when building wooden structures - do you guys use primer or varnish before you paint or no? 2nd - what brand / type of glue or cement do you guys suggest for attaching metal pieces to wooden pieces. Any and all advice would be greatly...
  3. G

turnout help needed please

Hello all, I hope that this finds you each well fed and well rested. The plan that I'm (somewhat) using as a template for my layout calls for a qty (1) Atlas #850 left remote snap switch and qty (2) Atlas #851 right remote snap switches. They are using an 18" radius in the particular spot...
  4. G

how long is your HO classification yard?

Just polling to see the different lengths used for HO scale classification yards.
  5. G

Heads UP - UP is moving Big Boy 4014 to Cheyenne for Restoration

Hey guys, I don't know if there is already a post about this but figured I'd share because it may be coming through your town. Found a link to this on Facebook a bit earlier. Here's the link to the story: http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/releases/heritage_and_steam/2014/0424_4014.shtml and you can...
  6. G

Consists for the Southerner EMD E6

Hey guys, I am about to show my ignorance. I am currently looking for HO scale Pullman passenger cars for the Southerner EMD E6: qty.1 of the baggage dormitory 22 chair car qty. 1 of the 52 seat chair car qty. 3 of the 56 seat chair car qty. 1 of the 48 seat dining car qty. 1 of the tavern...
  7. G

beginning stages of phase one of the layout

So with the "inclement weather" that has kept us home bound for a few days I finally got bored enough, today, to start on the benchwork for my son's portion of the layout. Still only have a very vague idea on the track plan but built a bench, and loosely laid some foam board and some 24" curved...
  8. G

Hello from Birmingham, Alabama

Hey all, I've been lurking around for a while and finally brought myself to joining the site today. About to start my first layout and looking forward to learning all that I can.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.