Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. O

Who ran these diesels in 1939/40?

I'm trying, without much success, to find out who was running EMD SW1 and EMD NW2 shifters in 1939/1940. I have the feeling that the EJ&E had NW2s 403-407, but can't find any proof online. I'm particularly interested in any lines operating into and round Chicago.
  2. O

Fitting DCC in an old Athearn diesel?

I have an Athearn EMD SW7. Looks like one of the motor contacts routes through the chassis. Any hints on fitting a decoder? Initial thoughts are just to insulate the lower motor contacts, which are metal strips, underneath the motor from the chassis. The upper ones (the white wires) would just...
  3. O

Chicago c1937

I'm a UK modeller in the UK, but also working on Chicago c1937 in HO. My stuff is Pennsylvania, Illinois Central, and Erie, which makes little sense so I've invented the fictional jointly operated Elmore, Joliet and Calumet Junction to run them on. The old EJ&CJ also runs prehistoric locos, so...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.