Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. wheeler1963

Timken Tank Car

Nice find James!!!! Did you see the white boxcar?
  2. wheeler1963

When you don't have much room for a layout, but want to show off your collection of hopper cars

Bob this is the style of bumper we have at work on our rail header. You said that they are offset. I've looked at this bumper for 16 years now and never noticed that it is offset in it's mount. ;) Picture 3 showes that exactly.
  3. wheeler1963

Keeping busy at home.

Not quite home all of the time during this, working every other day. Started working on the garage again, hopefully sheet rock will go up in the next month. In the meantime on the workbench, started assembling these 3 AMTRAK P42's. Quite a few parts to them considering they are still a Blue...
  4. wheeler1963

When you don't have much room for a layout, but want to show off your collection of hopper cars

I like the rail bumpers, looks like a pile of gravel.
  5. wheeler1963

AMAZING RAILROAD GRAVEYARD???

No those are good shots for the junkyard to start building this fall. ;) Willie, I resemble that remark LOL I don't know why he is being so secretive about the location, it is well known where LTEX is located. You can tour it on Google earth here...
  6. wheeler1963

Timken Tank Car

My pleasure, glad I could help.
  7. wheeler1963

New patch method created

George, that looks good. I think you have found a good way to do patches.
  8. wheeler1963

Amtrak power!

Kinda of a coincidence, these 3 showed up today. I needed something that fits 80's to 90's. There are 2 powered and one dummy.
  9. wheeler1963

Timken Tank Car

patience grasshopper...........................
  10. wheeler1963

Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Sitting around the house for days makes me get something done. A Micro-Engineering 50' bridge loaded and headed out to the customer. The bridge shoes are loaded on the ends of the car.
  11. wheeler1963

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Sorry for your loss Beady.
  12. wheeler1963

Question , I had three of the Stewart VO-1000's.

This one has DCC and Sound, found it at the local Train Show last fall.
  13. wheeler1963

New patch method created

There is a prototype for everything. ;)
  14. wheeler1963

3D Printing

Understood, then I'm back to gluing cutting shaping. It took me hours just to make those 5.
  15. wheeler1963

New patch method created

Just going by the prototypical ones. The patch is usually just a bit bigger than the original reporting marks and numbers.
  16. wheeler1963

3D Printing

Paul, that white one is my master. The other 4 are glued under that switcher. Not sure what you mean by using C channel.
  17. wheeler1963

New patch method created

George, about the same size as the Penn Central above it?? Not sure how small you can go. I'm watching your progress so I can duplicate it. ;)
  18. wheeler1963

New patch method created

George, looks good. Just one thing, is it possible to use a smaller font? They look a bit large in MHO.
  19. wheeler1963

Timken Tank Car

I have a lead on one now

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.