Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. E

Front End Friday

Yes and yes! Probably 90% of my steamers are SP models, but there are some Santa Fe, and a few UP, and a lone MoPac.
  2. E

Front End Friday

A couple of my steamers at the club. Mark Mathu Photo;
  3. E

This JMRI Novice Needs Help

Google is your friend! A quick search for “JMRI Discussion Groups“ gave plenty of answers from JMRI help to a groups IO group. One thing: don’t attempt to use decoder pro with your ESU Lok Sound decoders. It doesn’t speak German. There have been issues.
  4. E

Espeefan's Passenger Car Modeling

Check Brass Trains.com or resourced rails. The older models come up quite often. Sunset models did them too, but the older Max Gray and Balboa models built by KTM are solid runners and good pullers. A fellow with your skill level in brass would have no trouble handling the care and feeding of...
  5. E

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Good morning all! Looks like we've lost American Model Builders. http://www.laserkit.com/?fbclid=IwAR1ufCm3xvTu0JHycROk-ZNqtf7N8yXhMEECmLJ08LoPVVdM4tR8jHOm_es :(
  6. E

Nice catch for you as well. A little history. 611 was in a rather bad accident and was put through extensive repairs to get her roadworthy again. As a consequence, when the J class was being retired, she was just in too good of a shape to be set on the deadline, so she was preserved. Lucky us!
  7. E

Espeefan's Passenger Car Modeling

Hi folks! I know I said I was done with Daylight cars for a while, but I was browsing Evil-Bay the other day and low and behold look what turns up: This is a 70-D-10 Diner. Along with the Tavern/Lounge and the Coffee Shop cars I just did, this was the third of the dining cars on the original...
  8. E

Thanks Patrick. On Medicare: Get a G plan supplement. That's what I have, and I pay my deductible, about $223.00 per year, and very little else, and I'm a cancer patient. Some of the part D drug plans have a large deductible, but this can depend on what your prescription list looks like. I...
  9. E

Yeah Cancer Sucks! we'll get through it though!
  10. E

Good Morning All! 33 here in the frozen tundra, with snow returning this afternoon, however briefly. The weather guesser says we'll get into the sixties next week so the roller coaster weather continues. On a personal front, I met with my medical team. Looks like another surgery to clean...
  11. E

Front End Friday

The San Joaquin Daylight at Hillsboro Station, North American Prototype Modelers.
  12. Articulated Coach.jpg

Articulated Coach.jpg

13. Articulated Coach #2.jpg

Articulated Coach #2.jpg

14. Tavern Lounge.jpg

Tavern Lounge.jpg

15. 77-D-7 Diner.jpg

77-D-7 Diner.jpg

16. SOHO Coffee Shop.jpg

SOHO Coffee Shop.jpg

17. Articulated coach #3.jpg

Articulated coach #3.jpg

18. Chair.jpg

Chair.jpg

19. SOHO RPO Baggage.jpg

SOHO RPO Baggage.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.