Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. D&J RailRoad

Class Action Law Suits Against Photobucket

Looks like only you are.
  2. D&J RailRoad

Another Grade Crossing Installation

Powered up the board today and tested all the sensors. Worked as programmed. Linking the servo motors to the gate arm is a major issue. I've had to relocate the servo for the back gate three times no so it has the right amount of crosswise pull on the gate to bring up it all the way. Reaching...
  3. D&J RailRoad

Standalone sound decoders

I did that about 15 years ago with a Big Boy locomotive. It kept getting messed up. Sometimes the sound would work, sometimes only the sound would work. Just go the extra step of removing the basic decoder and install a full featured decoder. Basic issue, go cheap, be disappointed.
  4. D&J RailRoad

Two more sets of the detectors installed today. Just 8 to go. I'll power up the main board tomorrow and adjust the gate servo then install the bell module.
  5. D&J RailRoad

A 60,000 Gallon Whale Belly Tank Car

I did a lot of fretting over that point. I used a couple of blocks of wood on the desktop. Put the truck bolster mount on them then set the tank on top of them. Applied the CA/baking powder mix to it while they looked level. If there is any fine tuning required, I can just file or sand the mounts.
  6. D&J RailRoad

Got the replacement emitter in the mail yesterday. Had other stuff to deal with and just didn't have the gumption to do the aerobics necessary to do the wiring. Got another set of emitter/detector installed this evening. 10 to go.
  7. D&J RailRoad

A 60,000 Gallon Whale Belly Tank Car

Did a little more sanding and painting on the body. The smaller indents are more obvious now. I'll have to decide when enough is enough. Added a few more dabs of baking soda and CA glue.
  8. D&J RailRoad

40' Intermodal Container Tank

I'll remember that when filling it. 8-)
  9. D&J RailRoad

Admin request

Well, in that case, still no.
  10. D&J RailRoad

Admin request

could be a scam. Don't send em money.
  11. D&J RailRoad

40' Intermodal Container Tank

good source. Thanks. I'll pass it on.
  12. D&J RailRoad

Still movin kinda slow on this. I got an emitter and a sensor installed today. Haven't tested it yet. I guess I'm just enthusiastic about finding what I need to do over. Only 11 more emitter/sensor sets to install.
  13. D&J RailRoad

Work on this system is slow and tedious. For every solder point, it seems I have to undo it a couple times because I miss something or think of a better way.
  14. D&J RailRoad

Which way?

Your locos would have to rack up quite a few hours of running time to wear anything down. I'm referring to hours each day for months on end. The only time I ever saw wear on HO scale stuff was in Gadsden, AL. They have a layout in their community center that runs trains the whole time they are...
  15. D&J RailRoad

The Logic Rails has emitters on hand. I placed an order for a couple of them yesterday. I'll resume work on the grade crossing today.
  16. D&J RailRoad

Which way?

I point most em to the right.
  17. D&J RailRoad

Suddenly Quits

Almost half of those components are UP5s. Just need the loconet to link them all.
  18. D&J RailRoad

Suddenly Quits

Started the troubleshooting process. Removed the facia near the command station then plugged in a throttle. All works well now. Never even touched a loconet cable. I'll have to take a closer look to see what it might have been. It was right near the command stations whatever the problem was...
  19. D&J RailRoad

Suddenly Quits

The empire has been running fine for the past year or so, including op sessions. Yesterday I took a break from the grade crossing project to run trains and I couldn't get any of the throttles to work. Even plugging into a UP5 wouldn't get them to work. Locos were sitting on the track with lights...
  20. D&J RailRoad

It's amazing how much "stuff" ends up in the work area. It seems like each and every thing I need to do, I have to get up and go somewhere to get a tool, a material item or something else that's needed for the process.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.