vato loco
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Any Questions, Comments, or Idea's about the layout's.......Feel free to ask!:):) Kinda get's lonely here!LOL's
    My order of Kato unitrack has come in. I got two out of five switches need to finish the layout. The Kato switchs have the same problems as Atlas code 80 snap switches do! The points have a tendency to snag the wheel flanges. If you file down the Kato switches the same way you would with a Atlas snap switch.....They become flawless!!!!!!! They are nice switches can't wait to power them!
    I gave my son the other table I started and then abandon fer the current one! He's very happy. I also gave him my track and ordered some more from fifer's hobby! as soon as mu unitrack arrives I will snap some new photos of both layouts! Good thing both layouts are small! I'm just curious to see what my son does with his layout.
    well as you can see from the photo albums I had made some ground on the display layout! at the same time took some nice shots of some of the equipment too! My next step on the layout is to Paint the out side facia black and put doors on the storage boxs and controls boxs. once that is done I can work on track work.
    Chris,
    Nice meeting you too. Like you said - nice to put a face with a name.
    The ACL Baldwin is $55 (+ $2 mail to you). Retail is $105.
    Clearwater show at Harborview Center will be July 18 & 19.
    Please let me know if/when you want it.
    Thanks!
    Jay
    OK, I got the table top and foam glue and setting up! Tueday when the LHS opens I'll buy some cork road bed and some white glue and we should have the track layed by supper time friday night! got some pics took but can't find the docking port for the camera.....I changed one thinkon the layout the width to 26" so I can run 11" radius on the curves!
    Well, while the slow, slow, slow progress is being made on the train room. I plan on making a very small display layout using some of the left overs from the old layout. Now for you purest there is no switchs or spurs going to be added. This is just a display/photo type of thing, in other words a cheap roundy round! Im going to try to keep the size down to no more than 26"x48" I'll post some shots as soon as I get going!
    Originally Posted by pcarrell
    ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

This man is a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not nice Stuff's going down at work(i.e. cut backs and layoffs), Most of my attention has been drawn to it. Rico is doing Great! I'll be back as soon!
    The Layout above is no more! I disassembled it 4/10/09 on Good Friday to make room for the new layout that I will soon be building. I will be logging my progress here and will start a album soon for visiual refrence's. Most of the old layout will be recycled in to the new one!
    On 4/12/09 I installed a A/C unit in the train room, some of the lumber of my old layout went in to that project;-)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Back