Front End Friday

Looks like a light pole for the depot.
Of course. :D In fact the left end of the next one down the line (and its guy wire) can be seen just above the "r" in Amtrak on the side, so, yeah: platform lights.
I will admit to actually wondering for a few moments (wondering for real), if it wasn't some new, modern-funky pantograph design for a locomotive that runs the northeast corridor...but a quick check of other "images for Amtrak 303" put that to rest.

Alright, here's something different. Amsterdam Centraal Station a couple years ago, two ICM trains await departure on tracks 13 and 11. These multiple unit electric trains are nicknamed "Koploper" which literally translates to "Frontrunner," but can also allude to "walk-through head." The large opening below the cab was intended to allow multiple trains to be connected together and allow passengers to pass between cars with cabs. However, the door mechanisms proved unreliable and were eventually sealed off several years ago with the large plates seen here. I think they kinda look like ugly robots.

Nearly 200,000 people pass through this station each day. In addition to local and regional services on NS, the Dutch railway, there is international service on Eurostar, ICE, and Thalys to places like Brussels, Paris, London, and Frankfurt.

52410511002_5feb07ab3a_o.jpg

Seeing those old phone lines, must be the 1960's?
probably late 60's or 70's but those are signal and communication wires for the rr I've been up on more of those then I can remember from 20 ft to 70 ft mostly in the winter replacing insulators that got broken somehow Also so could have coveralls on so if you kicked out and slide down the pole no splinters

Back