Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some more done on my lower deck renovation project.
George

LR_05.JPG

I got the results of the blood work that I had done Monday and all levels were well within range. Some important ones to me are A1C=5.4, Glucose=79, Cholesterol=143 and Triglycerides=94. BP was 134/80, low for me at a medical facility. Most of the others I either don't care or don't understand but all were in the good range. I may be over the type II diabetes.
I already celebrated last night with Prime Rib, potatoes, and beer.

Good afternoon. Going to see how long i last sitting at the computer. The body does not like this position. I went through reverse shoulder replacement a few years ago and knew what I was getting into. The worst of the pain is usually the first two months. Hopefully I can quit the Oxy real soon and enjoy a few beers.

Todd - I really appreciated your help the other day. Never meant to put you to work but at least a lot of my model railroad items were found.

Hughie - Like the loading dock photo. Sweet.

Willie
- Like your photos as usual. Got the email with the list.

Louis
- Prayers for your mom. I know how close you are to her. Hopefully she'll be able to return home soon.

Dave - Great photos.

Joe - Sure like that photo of the &O geep.

James - Like the photos of the self propelled politicians up in the air.

JazzDad - Saw a lot of those green cabooses up here. Great photos.

George
- It looks like you're making some good progress on the lower level.

The Shoulder is starting to get uncomfortable so I'll hit up the photo archive for a few pictures.

00002.jpg
IMAG0379.jpg
IMAG0029.jpg
Misc trains 035.JPG
thumbnail_20190307_104416.jpg
20181108_141159.jpg
thumbnail_20190622_124555.jpg
thumbnail_20190419_142934.jpg
thumbnail_20191023_133158.jpg
thumbnail_20190531_143844.jpg

Later

Just made the flight reservations to get to NOLA first week of Dec. Going on a cruise that we were supposed to go on last year. Gotta get the cruise in by Dec 31 or lose our credit.

Got a day in NOLA both sides of the cruise. WWII museum is on my list of what to see. Family wants to go to French Quarter. Maybe do a ghost tour

What else non sportsball attractions should we see?

Good afternoon. Going to see how long i last sitting at the computer. The body does not like this position. I went through reverse shoulder replacement a few years ago and knew what I was getting into. The worst of the pain is usually the first two months. Hopefully I can quit the Oxy real soon and enjoy a few beers.

Todd - I really appreciated your help the other day. Never meant to put you to work but at least a lot of my model railroad items were found.

Hughie - Like the loading dock photo. Sweet.

Willie - Like your photos as usual. Got the email with the list.

Louis - Prayers for your mom. I know how close you are to her. Hopefully she'll be able to return home soon.

Dave - Great photos.

Joe - Sure like that photo of the &O geep.

James - Like the photos of the self propelled politicians up in the air.

JazzDad - Saw a lot of those green cabooses up here. Great photos.

George - It looks like you're making some good progress on the lower level.

The Shoulder is starting to get uncomfortable so I'll hit up the photo archive for a few pictures.

View attachment 153485View attachment 153486View attachment 153487View attachment 153488View attachment 153489View attachment 153490View attachment 153491View attachment 153492View attachment 153493View attachment 153494

Later
Some nice photos there Montanan.

Good Evening everyone. I’ve been gone for awhile I’ve quit my Job of 25 years of pulling Overseas Containers in St. Louis in August and now I’m driving a little Peterbilt dump truck for a local company and home at a decent hour and leave in the mornings at a decent time. Funny how you work for a company and be loyal and dedicated for so many years and they treat you like crap the moment your Physical health starts to deteriorate and you can’t put the hours or miles in like you used too. The last two years after my battle with Covid phenomena have been a struggle for me and my health. My Doctor put me on a 8 hour day and a 50 mile radius of St.Louis right before I got Covid and that’s when the Dynamics of the Company I worked for all those years changed. I drove well over 3 million safe miles with no accidents 1 speeding ticket back in 1999 and that’s it. I haven’t got a DOT violation in 15 years and trust me I’ve been pulled over quite a lot and a perfect CSA score also. I feel like I did all that in vain. When I told them I was leaving they said your not quitting your “Retiring” from us and never tried to make me stay. Well that door of my life is closed and a New one has opened and much better. When the Dump trucking slows down a bit I’ll have more time at the Layouts again. I’m very Happy now more than I’ve been in 15 years.

Good Evening everyone. I’ve been gone for awhile I’ve quit my Job of 25 years of pulling Overseas Containers in St. Louis in August and now I’m driving a little Peterbilt dump truck for a local company and home at a decent hour and leave in the mornings at a decent time. Funny how you work for a company and be loyal and dedicated for so many years and they treat you like crap the moment your Physical health starts to deteriorate and you can’t put the hours or miles in like you used too. The last two years after my battle with Covid phenomena have been a struggle for me and my health. My Doctor put me on a 8 hour day and a 50 mile radius of St.Louis right before I got Covid and that’s when the Dynamics of the Company I worked for all those years changed. I drove well over 3 million safe miles with no accidents 1 speeding ticket back in 1999 and that’s it. I haven’t got a DOT violation in 15 years and trust me I’ve been pulled over quite a lot and a perfect CSA score also. I feel like I did all that in vain. When I told them I was leaving they said your not quitting your “Retiring” from us and never tried to make me stay. Well that door of my life is closed and a New one has opened and much better. When the Dump trucking slows down a bit I’ll have more time at the Layouts again. I’m very Happy now more than I’ve been in 15 years.

Good on you, TrucTrain.

I also have been in such a position. Just a number and not recognised.
When I left I threw a colored pencil at the Boss and said "Color me gone."
He didn't understand..

David

Somewhat similar circumstances here. The corporation closed down two other locations and moved all of the higher-ups to our location. I had already told them that they needed to start training someone to take my place since I had intended to retire in a couple of years. That they did, and replaced me with five other people, some of whom actually had additional duties that I did not have. It was one way to absorb all of their excessive staff. But someone at the corporate HR office told the boss that he couldn't fire or lay me off, since I was the longest tenured employee in the entire corporation. So I was reassigned as a consultant. After a year and a half of no one consulting with me, I retired early at 63. I had an office as far from the executive suite as physically possible and they didn't really know whether or not I was even there. I had no assigned duties and just walked around or surfed the net for 18 months! I got tired of commuting 100 miles round trip every day with nothing to do. Even though I was paid well, I just got tired of it all. After I left, they did combine the duties of two of the replacements, and ironically the boss that I had was fired three months later and replaced by one of my friends from the "old company", where he still is today. I never looked back.

Glad I’m not the only here that has been done this way. This was a family owned company until 2018 the old man retired who owned it but it wasn’t the same for the last 15 years before that. Thanks for the support I sometimes have a hard time dealing with the way I was treated at the last. I drove 75 miles one way every day and never got a raise in pay for 20 years. I only work 4 days now that’s all they work I work about 8-9 hours a day I take the truck home my new boss wants me to because he knows I’ll take care of it the company is only 3 miles from my house too. I make more money now in 4 days than I did in 5 days at my old job. Here’s some pics of the Pete I drive just got done washing it one Saturday.
6BB70916-1940-49CB-9C45-87E61BB503E8.jpeg
DDAFC4F8-0C4A-4A58-9246-69418A3B35F3.jpeg
C9D69714-CC5D-416D-A903-FEF29BE0C8AB.jpeg

Glad I’m not the only here that has been done this way. This was a family owned company until 2018 the old man retired who owned it but it wasn’t the same for the last 15 years before that. Thanks for the support I sometimes have a hard time dealing with the way I was treated at the last. I drove 75 miles one way every day and never got a raise in pay for 20 years. I only work 4 days now that’s all they work I work about 8-9 hours a day I take the truck home my new boss wants me to because he knows I’ll take care of it the company is only 3 miles from my house too. I make more money now in 4 days than I did in 5 days at my old job. Here’s some pics of the Pete I drive just got done washing it one Saturday. View attachment 153506View attachment 153507View attachment 153508
Good for you! I could have used a retirement job like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back