Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garry,

from what I understand Barge cement is a contact cement. Meaning you have to apply to what it is being glued to and also to what needs to be glued down. Wait 30 minutes and press together. Barge cement was supposedly made for the repairing the soles of leather shoes.

I buy it from my local hardware store, a Do It center. I have seen it at our local Home Depot but others have told me not at their’s. It smells and in combination with the MEK air ventilation is a must.

TomO

View attachment 132972
This could be me, apologies for not popping in, or at least saying why I have not been popping in,and I plan on being back but the other half broke a bone in his foot,not bad enough to be operated on but bad enough to severely restrict things he can do, thus I am the only one looking after the menagerie, and worse I have almost baby Muscovies on my hands because the girls all went broody late,next year I am picking up those eggs, because the weather is like ok ok ok cold and wet and babies fall over and die, so I have stolen the lot shoved them in rabbit hutches and been reduced to shoving them in my dining room, the room stinks, luckily we use the lounge sone distance away a long thin bungalow is a godsend, but until they have real feathers they are totally susceptible to any cold ‘ wet nights plus they are being hounded by rats, especially as the near by farmers have taken up a number of crops so the rats are looking for easy pickings,
fresh water , bird food baby birds are pretty much nirvana for hungry rats, plus we have our own food plants maturing and need picking and or storing and or cooking, so I am perpetually running from one thing to another like a demented blue bummed fly.
I noticed the Covid argument and that is also annoying me here, and I am sick sick sick of people blaming Brexit.
IKEA the furniture giant in the UK say gaps in their inventory is all Brexit
but in the Netherlands and other EU countries who are experiencing the exact same issues are being told…there’s a bi t global problem because of Civid..DOH
The News in the Uk and abroad are screaming our lack of drivers is down to Brexit, in the EU they are having the very same issues, but theirs is caused by lockdowns stopping more drivers training, poor paid heavy lorry drivers changing to easy short run courier work which is better paid, lockdowns did wonders for the like of Amazon who is sucking up staff like a massive sponge….but no we keep moaning Brexit Brexit…..
The world was geared to a heavy movement of goods in planes, and with planes grounded the likes of the Chinese have pushed out loads of boats which are then jamming receiving ports I know the US also has massive queues of boat stuck for days and weeks and these is increasing prices plus the containers often come to us but do not return with a reciprocal load causing higher transport costs and surprise a shortage of containers so new ones are being made at higher costs,
I know Italy is screaming the eu uk fighting is hurting their economy, eu drivers are scared to bring things here in case they cannot get a return job costing them profits, the fertiliser issues have us screaming over the carbon dioxide by product, so now stunning animals before slaughter, food packed with carbon dioxide so it can be in the transport to supermarket for like 5 extra days, the whole of Europe is beset by Brussels petty little rules millions of them, and they are all have massive knock on for the countries try to over come what should be simple, France usually sells us loads of vegetables, we usually sell them loads of seafood,the Italians usually sell us masses of electrical goods, pasta, salami the list goes on and on, the lockdowns and the same driver issues in the eu are causing havoc according to data and friends Poland is in free fall over drivers,you would think the remaining eu countries would be able to help each other even if we are being burned by Brexit, but apparently they anyre in the same s.h.I.t. And the submarine deal where the French were left in the dark until the order with them was cancelled has left a bad taste, and people are surprised?
I am running around like a demented maid looking after animals and the poor other health who is often if nasty pain,and the news is gloom and doom….all I can say is thank god for modelling
19F4B3A4-42D8-4AFA-917C-64C9788A903C.jpeg

there I have no Covid no Brexit no driver shortage….he’ll my vehicles often do not need passengers they get there by themselves like a self drive Tesla :D

E8006C97-ECC9-4CAD-8103-14C84E763185.jpeg

Trains run to schedule
B99DA75A-61E7-4788-BF0B-0FE9DFBA8A86.jpeg

and I do need to feed,water,dry,shelter rescue and warm the birds who swim serenely on my varnished water……
hope to catch up properly soon look after yourselves people

Attachments

• D36A7055-B2ED-4796-AE92-61A9368B60EE.jpeg
    D36A7055-B2ED-4796-AE92-61A9368B60EE.jpeg
    444.4 KB · Views: 63
I owe someone, can't remember who, a debt of gratitude. Not to mention they saved me over $75.

Long ago I posted about my rusty tools. Someone suggested using a vinegar soak. It was too late to save me from buying new tools, but I filed that suggestion away.

Today I pulled out my Lionel Fastrack I used two years ago on my front porch layout. It looked hopelessly corroded. I used alcohol, wd40 and expensive track cleaner. It still looked lost. Finally I tried the vinegar soak, success! In under an hour of soaking in vinegar the corrosion easily scrubbed away. All without damaging the tin plate!

Thank you!!!

Discontinuation of life support for the daughter in law may happen as soon as tomorrow. Son called us from her room this evening, and let us say our goodbyes to her, even though we know she can't hear us. It does bring some closure.
I looked back for this, I knew it was on the cards, it is really horrible to lose someone like this,once it is done, I hope your poor son finds the new direction and move he planned closer to family help him cope, I have lost both parents and other older family members, luckily never had to cope with someone younger and hope to never do so, fingers crossed, very sad, hopefully with him staying near her family too it will give them sone comfort, losing a child has to be the most horrible thing, I could cheerfully strangle mine on occasion, but I really would hate anything to happen to them, a boy at college with my eldest walked home from the pub drunk as a skunk and fell in the river and drowned…..the waste just bites, I hope time gives him some peace. My mother died in a hospital from blood poisoning they put a tube in her thigh because they did not have the correct equipment the beds she needed were full and a helicopter was on standby to transfer her if she stabilised, the trauma caused a stroke, I admit to still being bitter, the tube caused the blood poisoning the sepsis caused the stroke, sometimes the cards we are played are just not fair.so sorry for her loss. all you can do is hopefully bear the pain. Very sad. Condolences.

Good morning everybody!

Thank you for the warm welcome back.

Terry, I am so sorry to hear the sad news. I will never understand life, Faith is all I have to offer.

Willie and Garry, hey! It's great to see you both.

I spend so much time working at my PCs and my to-do list for them is daunting. I have not taken any time for leisure. Often by the time I tackle merely the minimum amount of work my back is telling me I need to get out of the chair.

As luck would have it I bought this Amazon Fire tablet. I wanted to use it to run my Lionel apps. Turns out the Lionel apps are not available through the Amazon app store, neither can I download them from the Google play store! I should have checked first. "But Honey, it was cheap!"

I'll remind everyone how much I dislike proprietary equipment and software.

On the bright side I can relax on the couch with my new Amazon tablet while visiting my train buddies! I should also mention it works great with Microsoft Office. And the price I paid for it was seriously low. I'll call it a big win!

I contacted both Amazon development and Lionel. They both tell me the apps should be available in the Amazon Appstore soon. In the meantime I ordered a Yumken tablet from one of my wholesalers. Not exactly a household name, but I have a reliable vendor on my side.

I thought it would be easy to find a simple Android 11 Wi-Fi tablet, not so much. The big names fill them with so many features I have no use for, driving the prices upwards, approaching $500 or more!

There you have it, that is how I ended up here on my couch with my train buddies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back