Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Good morning from Wisconsin. These showed up Thursday.

2 more covers to make the total 3 for my gondola. From Macrailproducts.com
42800EEF-E0E8-4D49-BCB1-1E3317CBBB4D.jpeg

Proto photo is uncredited, sorry. I am using it for weathering and these are best photos of the covers in action. These are hauling dirty dirt from a landfill site to be sterilized

82D6F6D1-9064-47C1-8135-91FC59243ED9.jpeg

TomO

Ordered Sun and just received today (Tues) afternoon from Amazon. (6 ) 2700K - 3000K 2Watt under cabinet lights with RF remote control , should have these installed in a few days in N'Pip. Dimmable in 10% increment static mode and 8 dynamic "modes" (flashing ,fade out .,..ect). ~$26 delivered

I 'll mount these under the second level , I am curious to see how well these work.
remote controllighting.JPG
lighting2.JPG

Not really a mail call, but there's a model train store in New Brighton, MN, that I don't go to very often despite it being two miles from my club. Well, I stopped in there Thursday and looked around. I mostly needed hardware for club (screws and kadee washers), but the ole man had these two RTR cars for $20. Not bad price for BNIB in today's world.

IMG_20210312_225631715.jpg

I haven't posted in this thread for a while. I've picked up some misc stuff here and there but on Thursday I received a couple of packages with this in it:

A three-pack of GN WFE cars, a couple of GN hoppers, an NP double-door box car and because I'm a glutton for punishment I picked up the Tichy 120 T wrecker crane and tender.

Lots of parts in that crane kit. :)

Good morning. These 2 followed me home Tuesday from the LHS curbside pickup. That qualifies in my eyes, hell it’s Covid season blame it on that.

They are in the 91% IPA bag hopefully getting stripped. While they barely get into my modeling era they will become my first rolling stock for my freelance RR. The Wisconsin River Valley and Terminal RR finally is going to use the decal sheets I had made up for rolling stock.

I purchased both for $12.00 each and the Elder Grain is definitely an Atlas product. I was told they both were Atlas but the Spencerville and Elgin definitely is not Atlas but I have given up searching to learnn what it is. They both have Kadee 5’s until I can get more 146’s and the gray one has steel wheels. I think it’s a IMRR model.
36F45C0F-F683-4EA9-AEEB-824B54D87E1A.jpeg

Wear your mask
TomO

So these showed up this past Saturday by USPS..... as mentioned I found (2) Timken tank cars with different road numbers so now my tally is up to 4 Timken tank cars that are all different road numbers!

I also acquired another 40 foot ASAB boxcar in a different road number #1315.

All are Athearn kits.....

I got a kick out of seeing these vintage yellow Athearn boxes the tank cars came in. Pretty cool with the different color ends for the description on the boxes.

20210426_141103.jpg
20210426_141116.jpg
20210426_141123.jpg
20210426_141130.jpg
20210426_141135.jpg
20210426_141142.jpg
20210426_141211.jpg
20210426_141304.jpg

While it will be a while, September-October maybe, I pre-ordered four more Santa Fe Dash9-44CW's this past weekend, from ScaleTrains. Some other railroads called them 44CW-9. These will fit right in with the first two that I purchased from their initial run. These are the Rivet Counter line, but are only DCC ready since I run only DC. Improvements over the first run include front, rear and side walkway lights, which will not make any difference to me since I only run in the daytime.

I haven't posted in here for a while, but I got a box of box cars today in the mail.

The Sky Blue car is a little past my era with it's repaint date of 2-69, but I like the color and the Rocky herald. I have a few other GN cars that are post 1959 so I'll probably set up a static display.

Not really a mail call, but there's a model train store in New Brighton, MN, that I don't go to very often despite it being two miles from my club. Well, I stopped in there Thursday and looked around. I mostly needed hardware for club (screws and kadee washers), but the ole man had these two RTR cars for $20. Not bad price for BNIB in today's world.

View attachment 125866

Becker is my go-to as I live in New Hope!! But not too long ago, I found Scale Model Supplies in St. Paul VERY close to Concordia Univ St. Paul where I teach as an adjunct sometimes. They have lots of roliing stock and seems like many models now out of production and older. For example I got a nice Proto 1000 frieght that was perfect in terms RP weight and a great roller! I think it was ...$10?

Got a package in the mail today. Fellow forum member Beiland is selling some unneeded Bachmann City Scenes structures and I took advantage of these discontinued models. I always wanted some of them, but I couldn't afford them when they first came out 20+ years ago...all three of my kids in college at the same time. I got these two.
IMG_6297.JPG
IMG_6295.JPG
IMG_6296.JPG

I started assembly of the bus station this afternoon.
These are still in the factory applied cellophane wrapping!

Great buildings Willie, I had both but only have the savings and loan one now.
I made two corner buildings out of it.
If you need buses for the depot check out Flagstophobbies.com, all kinds there!
Rico

I looked at the website for Flagstophobbies.com

My wife would like a Christmas train on the layout similar to the CP train. Now I know who to call about getting one created. I will call him this week. Thanks for sharing that shop.

TomO

Back