Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening fellow modelers!

The new backdoor is in! It opens and is square and level. I still have to throw in some spray-foam insulation around the edges and trim it out with new molding, but I can lock it solid tonight, and keep the riff-raff out.
I did discover that my house walls are not square and level, and that gave me some grief; but I worked it out. One should know, you don't level a door to the wall. The installation must be made true with a good level; and I have a 4' one.

Something neat, though. When I tore out the old door frame. I found a 7-UP bottle cap from the 1960's. It was under the door frame. The cap has a real cork liner, and is in great shape. How many of you remember bottle caps had real cork liners!? I clearly remember; from when I was a child.
That bottle cap does possibly date this house as an earlier build than the 1969 I was told.

Ya'all know I gotta show a photo if I post; so how about some Timber Wolf tracks in the dried mud on the trail. I took the photo on a hunting excursion in 2016. The Winchester was laid down just to show some scale:
Wolf_Track.jpg

That wolf wasn't running from anything.

Have a good night!

My wife and I got our Moderna first shot yesterday before the heavy storms hit.
My wife has a sore arm and a slight fever with a headache. I have a sore arm and feel kinda blah.

My brother texted me that the lake level was about to flood and I needed to check on the pontoon boat. I drove to the lake and the water was lapping at the top of my dock. I managed to tie the boat off by myself where the boat will not float over the dock and be left when the water goes down. I expect the flooding to crest tonight sometime.
I think I strained the sore shoulder dragging the boat around. I will survive this, too!

I love those animals no matter their sizes. Are those available world wide?

Tomo
Search for air fix zoo animals 00 or ho there are definitely some on eBay unpainted I can show my painting build ups too
6FE67C82-13BD-4C0F-8EAD-2535EDA1BABE.jpeg
5DA09159-1B30-4924-A26F-BC9970389FC5.jpeg
6516215D-9A19-47AD-9B71-618D6595377D.jpeg
A89A4866-1EBA-4990-8901-F862163058FA.jpeg

theseare original 1960s gifted to me by my brother
fyi it is worth the effort to take a nail file to some of the mold marks and smooth them out especially on the backs.
CFC07331-D03A-4868-9818-CAB4D27B342C.jpeg
DED349D6-87F9-49F4-BF8B-4C3F287E4CA5.jpeg
0B0151C8-C151-46C1-8FE3-AAAF0AE8096F.jpeg

I usually put in the paint pots for reference
B172083E-EABE-4ED3-A3EB-B7DB7B072457.jpeg

6CD126FA-2B9F-4145-9733-4DC4A863E89B.jpeg

Attachments

• E39DA7B0-8FDF-4211-89CB-853BE372C655.jpeg
    E39DA7B0-8FDF-4211-89CB-853BE372C655.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Evening fellow modelers!

The new backdoor is in! It opens and is square and level. I still have to throw in some spray-foam insulation around the edges and trim it out with new molding, but I can lock it solid tonight, and keep the riff-raff out.
I did discover that my house walls are not square and level, and that gave me some grief; but I worked it out. One should know, you don't level a door to the wall. The installation must be made true with a good level; and I have a 4' one.

Something neat, though. When I tore out the old door frame. I found a 7-UP bottle cap from the 1960's. It was under the door frame. The cap has a real cork liner, and is in great shape. How many of you remember bottle caps had real cork liners!? I clearly remember; from when I was a child.
That bottle cap does possibly date this house as an earlier build than the 1969 I was told.

Ya'all know I gotta show a photo if I post; so how about some Timber Wolf tracks in the dried mud on the trail. I took the photo on a hunting excursion in 2016. The Winchester was laid down just to show some scale:
View attachment 127796
That wolf wasn't running from anything.

Have a good night!
Blimey big feet! Iam so glad he was not round the corner and saw you put the rifle down, and thought yum yum.

My wife and I got our Moderna first shot yesterday before the heavy storms hit.
My wife has a sore arm and a slight fever with a headache. I have a sore arm and feel kinda blah.

My brother texted me that the lake level was about to flood and I needed to check on the pontoon boat. I drove to the lake and the water was lapping at the top of my dock. I managed to tie the boat off by myself where the boat will not float over the dock and be left when the water goes down. I expect the flooding to crest tonight sometime.
I think I strained the sore shoulder dragging the boat around. I will survive this, too!
Good work though when you were not feeling great fingers crossed For the boat and you both.

Howdy, everybody .

I was at a dental appointment today. It is the final appointment for getting implants on one side of my mouth. I'm happy with them already, and will be glad to et with both sides of my mouth again.

Willie ........ Your nearby zoo looks worthwhile. .... We have the Nature Center in Land Between the Lakes . It is only a short distance from us. The animals there are all native to this area. They have a pair of red wolfs which is rare. They have various owls and other birds including bald eagles. They have a copper head snake and other snakes. .... In another area of the Land Between the Lakes is the Bison and Elk Range where you can drive on a loop road to see the animals. .... I like your layout photos today.

Sherrel .... I like the Frisco photos.

For those who are interested, I posted a series of photos showing my coal train operations in the MAY 2021 monthly photo thread.

Here is one picture of the coal train as it departs from the mines.

51159536667_36c81a9172_k.jpg
Superb angle,love the mini canyon.backdrop works really well at this distance too,good use of scattered rocks different sizes textures,there is nothing to not like here,love it

But if you are truly worth 120-140 billion depending on the news media you read, does it matter if you just split it.
Tom It would to Microsoft ,their employees and shareholders. It would instantly put her on the board if she wanted it, and the company might be run differently ,with different results ...good or bad. Thats really the only thing that makes the divorce newsworthy, other than that they're just curiosity.

He only worked for 7 years after the marriage , and I seem to remember he stopped taking stock as compensation ,after he was married but I'm not positive. The marriage may have been a bit of sham, he never stopped seeing his previous girlfriend. I think the marriage was mainly to clean up his image ,he'd become a bit of a pariah in the media ( I remember the infamous pie in the face incident ) .

If he really wanted screw her ,he would have had the Foundation pay her a large salary , and he would have worked for free , that way he would be entitled to half of what she earned ,and if she spent it all and divorced him ,she would be destitute trying to pay him his half.

I think I'll write a book ..."How to be a Billionaire .......and get away with it !"

Good morning...It's Friday for me. Coffee Flo, with eggs hashbrowns and some corn beef hash for a change. Doing a water service for a house that was started last August. I think the cost of building materials has slowed this project to a crawl. OSB 4x8 sheet (chipboard) is $50 a sheet. In 2019 it was about $18.

Morning all,

I'll have the Corned beef hash with eggs and hash browns and a cup. Thanks Francine.

Once again nothing on the train front. Finding time is difficult with working on the kids homes and my own home projects. Got another fence quote for the kid's houses. They really wanted a compound feel with space open into both back and side yards. Dad said they needed to keep a fence between the yards in case something happens in the future. They did compromise with a gate in the side yard fence that will allow the kids to get to their uncle's place.

The trees got cleanup trimmed yesterday as well. Why I'm involved, but we had 1 tree in the daughter's yard cleanup trimmed a couple of years ago. At first she said they killed her tree, As they took out all the interior and dead branches while leaving the canopy. Last year the tree looked fantastic and she said she wished we had done both trees. Now that her brother has the house next door, she had her 2nd tree done when we had his done. The trees in question are silver maples and all had large dead limbs and smaller branches. They look a ton better.

Search for air fix zoo animals 00 or ho there are definitely some on eBay unpainted I can show my painting build ups too
View attachment 127820View attachment 127821View attachment 127822View attachment 127823
theseare original 1960s gifted to me by my brother
fyi it is worth the effort to take a nail file to some of the mold marks and smooth them out especially on the backs.
View attachment 127824View attachment 127825View attachment 127826
I usually put in the paint pots for reference
View attachment 127828
View attachment 127829
Ouch ouch and ouch I just looked at eBay.com these old boxes cost like 40 dollars but there is a set of non boxed inc animals going for 20 dollars and you get a lot you would need to see if the humans were ho or 00 but they are there

Morning all,

I'll have the Corned beef hash with eggs and hash browns and a cup. Thanks Francine.

Once again nothing on the train front. Finding time is difficult with working on the kids homes and my own home projects. Got another fence quote for the kid's houses. They really wanted a compound feel with space open into both back and side yards. Dad said they needed to keep a fence between the yards in case something happens in the future. They did compromise with a gate in the side yard fence that will allow the kids to get to their uncle's place.

The trees got cleanup trimmed yesterday as well. Why I'm involved, but we had 1 tree in the daughter's yard cleanup trimmed a couple of years ago. At first she said they killed her tree, As they took out all the interior and dead branches while leaving the canopy. Last year the tree looked fantastic and she said she wished we had done both trees. Now that her brother has the house next door, she had her 2nd tree done when we had his done. The trees in question are silver maples and all had large dead limbs and smaller branches. They look a ton better.
I love corned beef hash no beetroot, with Branson brown sauce...devine

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 58°. Clouds should be going away around noon and bring us a high of 80°. This morning is the weekly grocery.beer trek to the big city. Mowed the south side of the property yesterday as planned and then did a partial on the NW side in the "back 40". Ran into standing water in the drainage swale there because the water level in my pond is at maximum.

A pair of over easy eggs and a handful of bacon for me this morning Flo.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding the morning post yesterday; Jaz, Chad, Sherrel, Troy, Hughie, Patrick, Karl, Gary, George, Tom O, Phil, Garry, Tom, Ken, Guy, Justin.

As I promised myself, I did nothing but run trains yesterday. It was great. As a result of that I have no progress pictures because I didn't start any new projects yet. Haven't even decided on one yet. So here's a couple of shots of Majestic Hardware and Feed that I built in 2019.
IMG_6200.JPG

IMG_6203.JPG
IMG_6205.JPG

Sherrel - I recall that discussion some tome ago regarding the "secure" forum, but I just looked and the forum address begins with "https", meaning that it is secure! Maybe Patrick can shed some light on this?
Patrick - Yup! You're correct about the cutworms.
Tom O - Twin Peaks in Waco has been permanently closed, so you can't stop even if you wanted to!

Everybody have a great day.

Morning Fellow RR fans!
The temp outside is 56 headed towards 84 today with (once again) sunny clear skies. Already having to up the timers on the grass watering. The water does not cost much - it is all the fees and taxes that the water company adds on the top - remember Commiefornia!

Francine! Good to see you here this day. Did you have a nice vacation? Alarge coffee for me this morning with sunny up eggs, home fries, bacon, and some raisin toast just to change it up a little.

I managed to get the refrigerator moved yesterday and most of the headboard, rails, frame, and etc. moved to the upper floor. I will need the help of the "hulk" son in law to change out the king size mattress - it is one of those, I call it, overstuffed/tall kind. I am not such a big fan, but the pups all think it's the cat's meow!

Better do something constructive! BBL

Good morning ........ Coffee and a cinnamon roll, please. .... (I'm liking my new implant teeth.)

Thanks very much to everyone who commented and liked my photo. There are more pictures of my coal train the in the Monthly Picture Thread in Showing' Off May 2021.

Willie .... I like your Majestic Hardware and Feed.

Sherrel .... Your moving appliances and heavy furniture sounds like a lot of work.

Here is a picture with my two 50' Northern Paciifc RBL cars (insulted box cars) .

51155519640_a5c5ef2e66_k.jpg

Good morning fellow diners. Today in Wisconsin started out damp, cool, windy and gloomy. The weather channel app said no sun today. Well the clouds have broken and it has become very bright out. Science!

Thanks for the comments and the likes on the creek scenes.

Love the animals, good painting job.

Wolf damage is a pretty big thing in Northern Wisconsin where our DNR denied it for years.

Twin Peaks, had no real desire to see a tragic place.

I will be working on the grain conveyor towers again today. No pictures were taken. Some filing of the joints and some do overs are needed.

Have a great day
TomO

The creek scene from above
0792FBAB-5A25-4A3E-8066-5F24AB24DC60.jpeg

TomO
3AD47169-D304-404B-8E71-FD248BCADEE7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back