My sweet haul today!

rgeiter

Conrail Quality
Went back to the local hobby shop to look at the collection that they are selling. I overlooked all the stuff in boxes. I thought it was “their” stuff until I realized it was part of the collection. Here’s what I got.
These two tank cars, assembled, weighted and with KD’s...$8 each
DCD66169-E2F1-4FF9-AB84-DD042124A25C.jpeg
46F12385-5676-44B1-8794-B829967A8696.jpeg

These two beauties were $10 each.
BC0990BF-895F-4911-B9B1-248E39E8A09B.jpeg
092CF2CA-3810-4BCD-A931-E8C1C856363A.jpeg

Yeah sure. Those scale trains, Rapido and Tangent cars are really nice but I absolutely refuse to pay that kind of money for a freight car. These babies are more like it!

In a moving train from three feet away, almost no one knows the difference between Roundhouse and Tangent. More than 2/3 of my fleet of 800 cars are Athearn, Roundhouse, Accurail and Walther's 80-90's vintage kits. Yes I changed all of the wheels and couplers for metal and Kadee which was equally as much for operational needs as visual improvement. Engines on the other hand...

Crap! I’m missing these for my other hopper I bought. This is a problem.😡View attachment 127333
Not really. With a little experience, the slope sheets could be fabricated from .050" sheet styrene. Especially since you already have ready-made models to follow. Coupler covers could come from a package of Kadee couplers. If you have been modeling for very long, you could possibly have all of the other parts in your spare parts collection. I know that over the years I have accumulated extra brake wheels and air brake parts. The brake parts could also be crudely fashioned from various materials, or simply left off if they aren't readily visible. Who knows, the hobby shop guy may have the missing parts in a miscellaneous box somewhere.

All I really want are the end pieces. I can get the other pieces. Already considered making them. Also asked a co-worker if he could 3D print them for me. But I’d rather have the original ones.

Not really. With a little experience, the slope sheets could be fabricated from .050" sheet styrene. Especially since you already have ready-made models to follow. Coupler covers could come from a package of Kadee couplers. If you have been modeling for very long, you could possibly have all of the other parts in your spare parts collection. I know that over the years I have accumulated extra brake wheels and air brake parts. The brake parts could also be crudely fashioned from various materials, or simply left off if they aren't readily visible. Who knows, the hobby shop guy may have the missing parts in a miscellaneous box somewhere.

Found it! I ended up buying the other two numbers. The parts were in with another covered hopper of the same type. Also ended up buying three more gondolas with loads.
94D9DD38-1CE4-4399-A93B-FC25BB20534F.jpeg
E6676E50-565F-41CB-9C65-0734A702C8FE.jpeg

Back