First layout, H0 short line in small space 12x6

mikeknuckey

Far away in Chile...
Hi! Im working on my first layout. Afther a lot of dreaming... now Im planing a short line layout.

The space I have is a 12 x 6 ft room with no door.

I would like to ask for your opinions about the projected layout (what problems could I have with it or how to improve it).
I will make it with Atlas code 100 track, 22 and 18 radious turns, NCE Powercab control. For the moment with no signaling o motorized turnouts.

This is the design:
(the missing tracks is because I'm working with anyrail demo... only 50 tracks pieces can be used)
Regional H0 layout.jpg

Last edited:
Why did you connect the industry track coming off by merchant row back into the mainline on the right? I would have made that into more industries.

Hi Mike, I am not even close to an expert in layout planning, but looking at your plan, you have essentially a double track around the room layout plan.
Is that what you want to do? Just asking.....

Hi Mike, I am not even close to an expert in layout planning, but looking at your plan, you have essentially a double track around the room layout plan.
Is that what you want to do? Just asking.....

Hi, Yes, I want a layout where I can run at least one train while Im working on switching another.
As I will not use automated signaling for now; I choose two lines to avoid crashes.

Back