Running Bear’s October 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but most of us come here to get away from the poly tics and Covid stuff. I've got three tabs open on the browser currently for that. This is my little corner of sanity now. ;)

In other news, I'm looking for something that may exist - but I'm having a difficult time locating. A pass through or arched bridge for N-scale in the 6 to 7 inch range. Found one laser cut. Was hoping for plastic. Any leads?

In other news, stopped at my LHS, and someone brought in a truckload of HO scale Elvis "Love Me Tender" and "Heartbreak Hotel" cars. Yes, you can have a full yard of the King on your HO layout!

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 8.25.49 PM.png

Good evening Shop Dwellers! 52*F and calm in my hometown.

Did my regular run on the treadmill earlier this evening, am thinking I might have injured my left calf muscle as a result; it's all tender and swollen. I have a doctors appt at 8am tomorrow morning and will have to fast for it since they'll be drawing blood, not looking forward to that! Am feeling pretty exhausted from the exercise session, no energy whatsoever - guess I'll just get ready for bed early tonight.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but most of us come here to get away from the poly tics and Covid stuff. I've got three tabs open on the browser currently for that. This is my little corner of sanity now. ;)

In other news, I'm looking for something that may exist - but I'm having a difficult time locating. A pass through or arched bridge for N-scale in the 6 to 7 inch range. Found one laser cut. Was hoping for plastic. Any leads?

In other news, stopped at my LHS, and someone brought in a truckload of HO scale Elvis "Love Me Tender" and "Heartbreak Hotel" cars. Yes, you can have a full yard of the King on your HO layout!

View attachment 118033
The "Love me Tender" one should be behind a steam engine, should'n'it?

Good evening Shop Dwellers! 52*F and calm in my hometown.

Did my regular run on the treadmill earlier this evening, am thinking I might have injured my left calf muscle as a result; it's all tender and swollen. I have a doctors appt at 8am tomorrow morning and will have to fast for it since they'll be drawing blood, not looking forward to that! Am feeling pretty exhausted from the exercise session, no energy whatsoever - guess I'll just get ready for bed early tonight.
Here, make it easy on yer. No pain, no need to fast either
1601947731347.png

Howdy ....

Regarding the conversation about mortar on brick buildings on our layouts: .... One method I use for brick building kits. .

Before assembly of the building, do the following:

Paint the brick an appropriate flat color. Wait for it to dry.

Spread a thin layer dry powder plaster of Paris over the surface. An old paint brush works for this.

Fill a spray bottle with water and dish detergent, and spray the surface lightly. Wait for it to dry.

Brush the surface with a small wire brush. All strokes should be horizontal or vertical.

Apply a thin wash of watered down gray acrylic paint. Wait for it to dry.

Assemble the building kit.

Swine flu, 12,500 deaths
COVID, 208,000 deaths

This is actually useless without a case number or other relevant data to compare against.

For example (made up numbers), if there were 50,000 cases of swine flu and 12,500 deaths, that is 1 in 4 (25%). So with approximately 7,500,000 covid cases and 208,000 deaths, the death rate would only be 2.7% or about 1 in 37. So even with fewer deaths, the (example only, made up) swine flu numbers would be worse in terms of death rate.

Greetings and Salutations from the chilly Fort in upper Indiana. Currently 45° with a high of 70° expected.

Spousal unit was so impressed by my ability to build benchwork, that she's decided I need to build a vertical storage solution in the garage for our patio furniture. Basically, a platform under which her glider can rest, and above the four chairs from the outdoor dining can be stacked.

Sounds like an excuse to go get an Amish Donut on the way to Menards. Now, what else do I need for the layout that I can add to that budget? ;)

Your funny for today: How do you make an octopus laugh?
Ten-tickles

Good Tuesday morning from the high desert of Oregon! Hope ever body is doing well!

Patrick, glad to see you've got a good handle on the siding. I just finished up on some facia work, completed the painting last weekend.

Willie, the pic, coming down "the alley" in Charlottesville, what a good place to play foamer, uhh, I mean rail fan from. 👍 ;)
So, I can either skip the included "deck" of ties, and lay flex right on the girders of the bridge, or strip ties from flex and use the included set of bridge ties
Troy, Looks like you at least have some options. Somebody mentioned bridge track. Is that made in N scale?

CA glue took hours to dry, then did not stick either
Dennis, looks like you need to bad order that bottle of glue! Have you experienced that problem before?

Alan, those are beauties! 🤤 🤤 I haven't really looked at them before, I knew they were kind of spendy though, around the $40.00 ?
Somebody is bidding on a Tangent Gen. Amer. 3 dome 6000 gal. car for $80.00. I like'm, but not $80.00 worth......

Anyone stupid enough to stop on the tracks deserves to get hit.
Chet, there in lies the problem, there are people stupid enough to stop on the tracks!

a truckload of HO scale Elvis
THAT, is a lot of Elvis!

So Toot, is that your blood? Just curious.....

Here is my Central Valley Punch Plate Truss Bridge, just finishing the bridge track install.
IMG_2148.JPG

Great pics all, EVERYBODY HAVE A SAFE DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back