Z SCALE

idiot

First time to use z scale........Want real small layout..... See Rokuhan layout plan B......Will Z scale locomotives and passenger cars run on these radius? Can I run 2 trains using block control section.......stopping one train in a section and letting the other one advance out through the crossing track to another section? Thanks.

z scale layout.jpg

Welcome to here.
I don't know why you can't do in in Z-scale. It can be done in every other scale. Your track plan with the cross over is more like a folded loop making more of a figure 8 rather than 2 distinct loops. That would be your biggest issue in running 2 trains. My layout isn't too far off of what you have, except at your crossover I have 4 switches which allow me to have 2 separate (by blocking) loops. There I can run trains independently on either loop and still move them between the loops.

My layout is Roughly a "U" shape 10" by 9" with lift bridges across a 2" opening. My knees won't allow me a duck under anymore.

I attached a rough copy of my crossover (below). It's also in my build thread. I changed my mind on something I had done previous which is why track isn't complete at the end of the crossover. The inner on the right with the yard and outer on the left. I added the new foam on the left and had to remove some track to accommodate the work.

That's my way of handling what I wanted to do. There are other ways that me be better, but it's using what I had. I buy a lot of stuff 2nd hand.

43329-c1b0c380f8a32fb7ef650e8326bae031.jpg

Back