Tucker Bro's Machine Shop - Starting Something New

Haven't updated this for a bit. I made a new base, primed it this time and then glued the floor to it. I painted around the floor with the tan latex and then glued down the building.

After fixing the wires that had gotten pulled loose, I glued on a couple of pieces of black styrene for the roof. Today I painted some 600 grit sandpaper and attached it to the roof.

Still need detailing on the base, then I can attach the doors, but it's pretty close to done.

Excellent build series. Colors are an excellent choice. How timely. I just pulled this model out of my "structures" box a couple of weeks ago. All cleaned and ready for paint (winter season). If I may suggest; ask your dentist for some old drills. You won't believe the sizes and styles they have. They fit into a dremel tool (3/16 chuck maybe) and make cleaning seam lines, sprues, small holes a breeze. I've added "pin ups" to my model interiors for years. I feel it helps date the buildings into 50's. Years ago found a Playboy site and downloaded 30 - 40 centerfolds, reduced them to size and now select the one that has a nice color complement . I use transparency film (stuff us old times used for overhead projections) sprayed with dullcote for the dirty window effect. Thanks on the heads up on CA glue - I thought about using Goo for my walls. I just stumbled on this site tonight and from all appearances I think I can learn a lot. Thank you for sharing

Back