Painting

wayles3

I was thinking of painting my plywood (that has my track on it). I was looking at using a spray paint to cover the plywood. Thinking of the old white ceiling paint that has the speckle pieces in it. The old ceiling paint that was on your ceiling.
I want to cover the track and roadbed so the paint does not get on it. . Sure I could cut a piece of paper or cardboard and lay on top of the track. If I put some type of tape or Vaseline on it, I have to clean the track. Any suggestions ????

Drafting tape. It'll stick to the track, but it has low tackiness so it won't leave much residue behind. You will want to clean the track no matter what method you choose.

What's the reason for using white? Creating a winter scene? If not, I would recommend some form of "dirt" brown, typically cheap interior latex (Walmart $10-12/gal). Invariably, your scenic material will chip and the underlying paint will show through.

Check at the local big box stores for paint that was already mixed and the customer or store employee wasn't satisfied with and usually its marked down a lot of money. Sometimes they will add some lint to the already mixed colors. I've found gallons of paint for under $5.00.

In our Packer/Bar room I painted the drywall areas with K Mart paint that I paid $2.00 a gallon and its lasted 40+ years. The paint was a close out and the clerk said even being labeled as economy paint, it was in reality a premium paint.

Greg

Normally, the popcorn for ceilings was applied using a hopper with spray head (I had one for years).

hopper.jpg

You can get cans of touch up spray at the big box stores or Amazon.

white-homax-patching-repair-4094-64_1000.jpg

I just wonder how that would last on wood as I think it would flex more than drywall. What about that textured spray paint that can go on any surface.

Back