Not really model railroad related, but...

Plasticville USA. Not sure, but I think this was Revell anyway.
When I was a kid in the 50s I had this dreamy feeling when the words 'lost wax casting' appeared in Model Railroader or RMC..
"Chunky, what a chunk a chocolate !" (Do you remember the actor who did this commercial ? I do..Initials were A.S.) .......M

MH.... would his first name be Arnold? I cannot for the life of me remember the last name. I grew up in the 60's... so I might be totally off

Plasticville USA. Not sure, but I think this was Revell anyway.
When I was a kid in the 50s I had this dreamy feeling when the words 'lost wax casting' appeared in Model Railroader or RMC..
"Chunky, what a chunk a chocolate !" (Do you remember the actor who did this commercial ? I do..Initials were A.S.) .......M

I remember "Open wide for Chunky", or something to that effect, in the 60's. Either way, they sure were a mouthful of chocolate!

PK, Yes !
B Bob...It went exactly as I wrote it above ! No more, no less.

Last edited by a moderator:
[EDIT: I tried to post this reply yesterday (Tuesday), but kept getting an "internal server error" message]

When I was 13, used my allowance to buy a Revell 1:87 scale moving van - Global Van Lines, light blue. Anybody remember those? Also bought three HO scale (I think?) cement mixer model kits - can't recall if they too were Revell or some other brand (Monogram or Airfix?), I just knew I wanted a fleet of them for my paper-and-cardboard "cement plant" 🤣 on my bedroom floor layout. Those were fun days! Sure wish I could find an online photo of the cement mixer kit box...

I don't recall who made them, but I had a 1/87th scale Ford pickup truck with a camper in the bed and a box truck. They were so much more detailed and to scale than most of the Matchbox vehicles that populated my early layouts.

Plasticville was Bachmann, before they entered the train set business, O Hi-Rail and HO. I had several Revell HO engines, an F7, and SW unit, and freight cars plus the structure kits.. Aurora brought us Model Motoring, as well as the Cox line of HO. I had several Global Moving Vans. These were highlighted on my 4'x6' layout that (with casters) fit under the bed.

The Hunk a chunk of Chocolate Cunky comercial was Arnold Stang.

I think as a kid in the 70's, I did one Revell car model a month. Muscle cars only, and some Jeeps and trucks...had a huge display case that my dad made in my room with them. Model cars, and hockey or baseball cards were what I spent lawn mowing money on as a real young kid. I think I still have 2 or 3 of them, still in the unopened box up in my attic

Back