Anyone have a Bachmann Baldwin 4-6-0 w/DCC & Sound?

This is the locomotive that Casey Jones was killed in: Of interest, at least to me, is the fact that there is a Clerestory roof on the cab

CJ4-6-0.jpg

I thought I answered here but it seems it never posted. Oh well: Yes I have one. It's an early model and I installed one of the early plug & play Soundtrax decoders in it. It runs well enough and will pull short trains (four 60 footer passenger cars or a peddler freight) well enough. Like most Bachmann engines of this period it's weak spot is the wiring connection between the engine and tender. Eventually this fails if you transport the engine and assemble & disassemble repeatedly. I found a different box for mine so I can leave the engine & tender connected. It sees light duty, and so far, has held up well. Hope that helps.

Mark - Here is th video of the Mogul running on DC. Never tried it out at the club though because it can't pull much on grades. These two passenger cars are about it's limit. Extremely smooth running, but I have noticed that the sound doesn't seem to be synced with the drivers any more.

Back