Recent content by Yannis

1. Y

A couple of NP boxcars (HO scale)

Jim and Sherrel, thank you both for the kind words! I like both styles for different reasons, the earlier one for the "main-street" script and the vintage/retro-look, and the later one for the billboard, since the large billboard sort of defines (in my mind) my era (late 60s - early 70s).
  2. Y

Thank you very much Mark!
  3. Y

New Layout for LASM

You are more than welcome! Well i did not notice the mention of the sloped roof. If that is the case, then that is more reason to opt for along the walls. You could even add a secondary wall that has/is the backdrop (ie 1' from the wall) and then have the 2' of benchwork. As for the trackplan...
  4. Y

New Layout for LASM

If it was me, i would opt for around the walls as your benchwork red-lines indicate. Do you need all this empty space in the center of the room?
  5. Y

Retirement and the layout choices

Maybe i did not phrase it correctly, i meant layouts with a Californian theme, not layouts based in California.
  6. Y

Nice theme! Looking forward to it, I am sure it will be a great layout based on the photos you have previously posted concerning scenes from what i presume is your current layout (as you might understand i really like California based themes layouts with a Californian theme)
  7. Y

Forum Notification - ISSUE RESOLVED-

Not wanting to start another thread on the same issue, but i don't get notifications on all topics that i subscribed. I do get them though, for a few threads from the past.
  8. Y

All the best for the retirement, move and the next layout Charles! Do you have any themes in mind? The space you described sounds great.
  9. Y

Many thanks to all. It is nice to see these cars back on the layout after many years in the parts' box.
  10. Y

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Great work on this bridge Lloyd!!! Very impressive. Thanks for posting this.
  11. Y

Many thanks Chet for the kind words! Heh that would be nice, car ferry over the Atlantic!
  12. Y

Hi all, I finished work on a project of mine concerning modification of two Trix/Marklin boxcars to NP prototypes. Following some work with styrene on the sills, the cars were painted with Tamiya/Gunze paints. I used Microscale's decals for early and late NP schemes. The roofs were painted with...
  13. Y

ATSF LA Division, 2nd District. The Cucamonga, Pasadena and East LA RR (HO scale)

Greg thank you for the reply. I used xtrackcad for track planning.
  14. Y

Northern Pacific 50' Double Door boxcar question

No Mark, I am an ATSF modeler (California 1968-1969, more details in my layout thread), but i like the N.P. railroad a lot and some of the traffic to one of my industries (lumber to my furniture factory) will be coming from N.P. customers (hardwood/lumber suppliers). OT: This is the layout...
  15. Y

Northern Pacific 50' Double Door boxcar question

Glad you did not pass up on it because you did a great job once more!!! Thanks for posting this Chet!

Back