Recent content by wcwred

1. W

Proto S1 runs VERY slow

Yes it is a blue box unit. PEARL DROPS? Since I have just started rebuilding my new layout, track is not complete so I can't continuosly run it yet. When I get it up I'll try that. Thanks to all that have answered.
  2. W

Proto S1 runs VERY slow

thanks i'll try that...
  3. W

Proto S1 runs VERY slow

Maybe that is why they were being sold at such discounts... i guess you get what you pay for. Although I bought 2 gp30's at the same time & they run good.
  4. W

Proto S1 runs VERY slow

I have had the engine for about 5 years. It was not run very much & even then I noticed it was a lot slower than the other S1 that I had. Outside of that it has been packed up the last 2 1/2 yrs. I cleaned the wheels; looked at all the contacts and they appeared clean. I'm just wondering...
  5. W

Proto S1 runs VERY slow

I took the chassis off and everything looks normal...
  6. W

Proto S1 runs VERY slow

I have a Proto 2000 S1 that runs super slow (HO Scale approx 3-4 MPH). I had 2 (sold 1). The Southern S1 ran great, nice speed & pull. But the L&N barely moves. Any ideas or suggestions?
  7. W

Wiring new Walkarounds (DC)?

MRC tech 4 250 Yep i tried googling it also. the 250 is a discontinued item. (not sure why) i bought the system off ebay. The Tech 4 250 looks pretty much like all MRC controllers and can be operated by the stationary unit. The 250, however, has an optional jack on the back of the...
  8. W

Wiring new Walkarounds (DC)?

I have just purchased a MRC Tech 4 250 w/ a walkaround throttle. The manual says you can add additional jacks to your layour and plug & go. It does not, however, give instructions on how to do this. Does anyone know?

Back