Recent content by WC 7499

1. W

Hello from WI!

Welcome aboard from a fellow (would be Junior if I elected to go to college instead of throw my life away to the railroad) cheesehead. Lots of good info on here, you came to the right place! I actually just watched Edgewood's volleyball team play tonight in Oshkosh. :D Good luck! -Steve
  2. W

weathering powders

I've watched a few videos on YouTube where guys will use dry paint pigments as well. Has anyone used these? The results seem quite impressive!
  3. W

Intermountain HO scale CNR SD40-2w

I should have looked at it closer when I was there. A damn shame they have botched it so far... I was really looking forward to this model... :( -Steve
  4. W

GEVO's & ACe/DCe's

According to Trainfest 09... Obviously we have MTH with the ACe/M-2 locomotives currently out... As far as the ES44 units, Intermountain is coming out with them fairly soon and Kato had a technical data sheet there for theirs as well. The Intermountain are around $175 for DCC/DC but no sound...
  5. W

Norfolk Southern ? again

Well custom or not... Kato's run beautifully and sure can handle quite a few cars on the drawbar... I'd pay $70 for a Kato any day. ;) -Steve
  6. W

Reporting Marks with X at the end

That would have been nice but its now the Canadian National... :(
  7. W

My First Attempt at Weathering a Locomotive!

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I'm not satisfied with it. The more I look at it the more flaws I find. By next week I will have another pic for you guys! Thanks again! -Steve
  8. W

My First Attempt at Weathering a Locomotive!

Well... I bought my buddies airbrush and all the goodies that go with it a month or so back and finally got the balls to use it on a locomotive. Not one of my WC or CN units but a throwback Atlas NS GP38 I picked up for 35 bucks at a train show. I tried to follow photos but I didn't want to...
  9. W

Model Railroad Clubs in Wisconsin

Well, there you have it. I was just going on what I was told by a few people so I guess they we not completely up on their facts. I apologize if I offended you, I did not mean to cause any harm. You guys do have a great layout and hopefully someday I will be able to come check it out. As...
  10. W

Model Railroad Clubs in Wisconsin

NAPM - North American Prototype Modelers is probably what you're thinking about. I belong to a club in Ripon which is a bit of a haul from Kenosha but about 15 minutes to the west of Oshkosh. We are always open for visitors with a little heads up! :p Best part is... only $5 a month! :D...
  11. W

Weekly Photo Fun 5-22/5-28

Nice shots everyone. I like that backdrop a lot! @Jerome --- WC SW1500s = :eek: -Steve
  12. W

SD70M radius

Last night I was running my Genesis IC SD70 through my clubs layout no problem. It went through #4 switches and around some tight curves flawlessly. I want to say they are about 20" at one point. Sure it looked a little goofy but no problems. Come to think of it, I didn't have a single...
  13. W

Cylindrical Hoppers, have they gone away

They are still out in force. No worries there! :D
  14. W

Container Yard

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this as I did not read the whole thread but the air purifier skyscrapers are awesome! :D The pig yard doesn't look all that bad either... ;)
  15. W

Athearn switches to SoundTraxx Tsunami!!!!

I'm not that impressed with sound decoders but the Tsunami is defiantly starting to make me think about it a little more. I may just have to buy the WC F45 with sound this time around. Thanks for sharing! Steve

Back