Recent content by TXVeteran

1. T

Retired military veteran empty nester returning to the hobby

I'm located just about 10 miles outside of Brenham, in Washington County. Brenham is home to Blue Bell Ice Cream, best I ever had. And although I'm not originally from Texas, Texas is where they will lay me in the ground. Running all HO scale in transition era. That way, I get the best of both...
  2. T

Current acrylic "Conrail Blue"?

I have been using Badger for a long time. They were also my first airbrush, but I moved up on that. One nice thing is that the paints clean up well, being acrylic. I normally just use either water or 91% Isopropyl Alcohol as a cleaner, although I found that an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner does...
  3. T

Current acrylic "Conrail Blue"?

I know Badger makes a Conrail blue, part number 16-29, but they also have GTW Blue, 16-66, which is darker and may be more suitable to your liking. You can check them out at Badger Airbrush Paints They have an option to show a larger color chart, under ModelFlex paints, under railroad colors...
  4. T

Retired military veteran empty nester returning to the hobby

After serving 30 years in the military (Marines), and with the kids all full grown and out of the house, I finally have time to work on a proper layout, in it's own dedicated building on my property. We have a steel building on the property that measures 20 x 60 feet, so that should do for a...

Back